THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

I admit I also spent most of the first month in a recliner... I would try starting out in the bed after the first few weeks, and inevitably I would get up and walk around a bit to calm my jumpy legs and doze back off in the recliner.
I think I had the hardest time getting in an all nighter for quite a long while.
:bored:
Layla suggests a body pillow and multiple other pillows positioned next to you as it helped her in her recovery.
Many other hippys say this was the way that got back to bed sleeping too.
I certainly get how frustrating it is but power naps were how I had to get by the first months.

Hope you have a good week, @wiggle

I have been using a king size pillow between my knees and another to prop my back up. Still feel tightness in hip which wakes me up and is uncomfortable enough to keep me from falling back to sleep.

I slept in a recliner for three weeks, before returning to bed. I was not a back sleeper, but found it tolerable through using pillows as, Mojo, mentioned. I had a couple of soft squishy pillows that I tucked in the recliner between me and the chair on my non op side. My ice pack was on the other side. The pillows were really soft, so they were comforting and due to the tight confines it felt like I was being swaddled in a sense. Somehow I’d sleep in two blocks of three to four hours each. I think in these early weeks, do whatever is most comfortable for you. If the recliner is more comfortable, continue sleeping in it and try your bed at a later date. No set rules, you make the rules and do what works best for you. Have a nice weekend!
@wiggle

I had trouble sleeping in the recliner for more than an hour or two. Bed seemed best especially after the first couple of weeks. I also used a body pillow (or boyfriend pillow as my husband would say. Lol) In fact, I accumulated quite a menagerie of pillows by the time all was said and done. It's trial and error and what works best for you on any given day. Keep icing and elevating if you get uncomfortable, as well. It's frustrating for right now. I waited it out for a long while and tried all the tricks to get the sleep back on line. Nothing really helped. I eventually asked my surgeon for a prescription sleep aid. It was very short term and finally good sleep returned. I was off narcotics at the time. Be patient. Keep your doctor informed. There are answers and one of the best is just a little more time and healing.

Happy One Month Anniversary! I hope you have a great day and weekend.
Stay in touch with updates, we love to read about progress.:)
@wiggle

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom