Guest viewing is limited

What Is The Top Recommended THR for Serious Running???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had my left hip replacement in 12 years and it's still very good, I was 21 when it went in.. I then had my right resurfaced 4 years ago, revised to ceramic/ceramic large head 3 years ago then revised again 2 weeks ago due to the large head and severe tightness... I have a much smaller head now and I am on strict precautions for 12 weeks due to dislocation risk with it being the smaller head.. This is by far the most difficult recovery due to the precautions and the surgery that was done, he also shortened my leg...
 
Hi Lunes,

Really sorry to hear about your revisions. . . what went wrong with the resurfacing and large ball THR? What is the longevity projection and future restrictions for the new hip? We're basically the same age. I wish you the best with your recovery...what are you doing to cope?

Thanks for the post,

Jeremy
 
Hi

I had a reaction to the metal/metal resurface, then the ceramic/ceramic was too tight and impingeing. This is ceramic/ceramic but a much smaller one, I also had bone taken away to shorten my leg and avoid impingement issues again. This should hopefully last a very long time now, I had it done by a very good surgeon. I have had hip problems since I had an accident at 11 years old and in total have had 19 operations so I was not really a sporty active person, though I have had 2 children. My youngest is only 2 so I am finding it rather difficult at at the moment and having to have a lot of help, as I can't weight bear for a while yet...
 
Who is your help? I'm a parent also and know what you mean when it comes to pain getting in the way. At two, it's a lot of work so I do hope you've got some help. Is your other hip alright?
 
The surgeon has said he believes I have another 2 years left with left hip so that will be approx 14 years, it is showing signs of loosening but it's not causing any pain/problems... My parents live 5 minutes away from me so they are here quite a lot and my cousin has come over for the summer and she is renting the house next door to us so when my husband is not here she is, she is doing the cooking, washing, shopping.. Luckily my daughter goes to nursery 9-2 Mon-Fri it does her good burns her energy off!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom