TKR What have I done?

Thanks so much friends. Had a very disturbed night ... stinging and burning. Icing now and will have a few quiet days as suggested. Outwardly, the scar appears the same .... just underneath it is the problem.
 
Outwardly, the scar appears the same .... just underneath it is the problem.
Underneath is where all that healing is going on and will be for the next 9 months or so! Continue to ice and elevate as much as you can to calm that knee down.
 
You've just traumatized your knee but only superficially. It might take a few days to settle down but it will. IN the mean time, do the usual - pain meds, ice and elevate and rest!

I'd really like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?
 
My goodness but you've been through it. I'm thinking hanging in the bed with elevation and ice.

Love it "admit on a public forum"...... the things that cause us issues in recovery. No one ever said underwear, be careful!! This so could have been me, I'm glad you would share that. I have horrible balance and have to sit to put on my clothes. Or lean into the counter. This too shall pass and the recovery road will be behind you.
 
Dear Josephine, I hope I have tagged this properly ... not brilliant at computer skills and getting it right vis a vis the forum! Thanks for your reply.

I am a bit better. I have been icing the knee more and resting more and the burning pain and acute skin sensitivity is easing. I also upped the painkillers a bit and was able to take less yesterday. The sensation happens in the mai. When I stand up.

It feels as if I overstretched the knee and also caught the most sensitive part of the scar at the top where it is still slightly dented. The rest of the scar is fine and healing really well. I have a matching pair of exactly the same length and the first knee scar is the the thinnest of a straight line, barely visible so I am optimistic this one will go the same way.


You said you had some questions? Please ask away, and thank you.
 
@maximummy, to tag someone put a @ in front of their user name like I did you. Try to tag Josephine again. When it's done correctly, it will turn blue.
 
I hope I have tagged this properly
I think you'd find it helpful to read these articles
How to use the quote feature
How To Use This Forum
You said you had some questions? Please ask away, and thank you.

Here y'go then!

It would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are ....

1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't forget to factor in other forms of pain such as soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness).

2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?

3. how swollen is your leg compared to these?
[Bonesmart.org] What have I done?


4. what is your ROM - that's flexion (bend) and extension (straightness)

5. are you icing your knee at all? If so, how often and for how long?

6. are you elevating your leg. If so how often and for how long?

7. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and

8. are you doing any exercises at home? If so what and how often?
This is the most crucial question so please help me by using the format I have left as an example
(which means please make a list and not an essay!)

Exercises done at home
- how many sessions you do each day
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.

Anything done at PT
- how many times a week
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom