BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community

Welcome to the October Feisties' 2018 Hip Recovery Club

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Recovery Area' started by bottomshollow, Nov 1, 2018.

1. smokey1

smokey1 junior member

United States United States
    How are you doing cheer mom? I am 5 weeks out, like you? How’s your pain? How’s the walking??

2. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You are now an Honor Graduate [​IMG] from your pre-op days! You've entered the recovery phase of your replacement journey to that place called “Normal”, and you are now eligible to be a [​IMG] Recovery Club member.

Pre-op surgery team members are automatically recovery team members. If you were not on the pre-op list, please join your fellow travelers in this month’s post-op club by requesting your name and surgery date be added to the roster.

Being a team member will allow you to share your [​IMG] questions, concerns, and experiences; give one another [​IMG] support and encouragement; [​IMG] vent, whine, and [​IMG] shed some tears, if necessary; and have some [​IMG] fun and laughs together. (Please do the above in one another’s recovery threads. And if you find your fun and laughs taking over an individual thread, toss them over to the Social Room to keep your recovery thread on target.)

Recovery is a long journey [​IMG] made shorter and easier when made with [​IMG] fellow travelers. So, start you membership in this special club today by requesting that your name and surgery date be added to the list!

[​IMG]

01 October 2018 Windsong
    02 October 2018 919THR
    04 October 2018 Tam2hip (bilateral), 2ndTHR
    08 October 2018 wcgirl
    09 October Lea61 (bilateral), Mazie128
    10 October 2018 hippyali, DianeCu, Sweb54, smokey1
    11 October 2018 MrDIY (bilateral), cheermom, farmchik
    15 October 2018 MimiMimi, AGuen
    16 October 2018 CAPELLA, TauraB
    18 October 2018 Juju171
    19 October 2018 KathyB
    20 October 2018 Jamesdean
    22 October 2018 kattyaz, Flopsy, Pprfldr (bilateral), gld2pan
    23 October 2018 Under50THR, Whoknew (revision)
    24 October 2018 Quiltmom, Smiler2018
    25 October 2018 Sundevil, Sabine
    31 October2018 BionicMary

3. farmchik

farmchik new member

I had a LHR 10/11/18. Please add me to the list. Thanks!

4. smokey1

smokey1 junior member

How are you doing farmchik? I had my TRHR on 10/10/18.

5. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @farmchik, you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being an October Feisty and full-fledged member of the October Feisties' 2018 Hip Recovery Club.

Your membership allows you and encourages you to share your recovery journey with your fellow club members as well as all other members of the forum. (Please remember that the team club is primarily to allow you to see who has had surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding recovery must be kept in your individual recovery threads.)

If you have not already started your own recovery thread, what are you waiting for----there’s no time like the present.

We look forward to following you down that winding recovery road because WE CARE!

6. KathyB

KathyB junior member

19 October RTHR. Thank you.

7. smokey1

smokey1 junior member

Has anybody been suffering from nerve pain started in week 5 and still bothering me in week 7 since hip replacement. Pins and needles on top of thigh and around the new hip area.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Whoknew

Whoknew junior member

Had hip revision to rt hip oct 23. Can add me too please. whoknew

9. smokey1

smokey1 junior member

Wow, how are you doing? How long into your recovery did you know something was wrong with your hip replacement? What is AVN?

10. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @KathyB, you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being an October Feisty and full-fledged member of the October Feisties' 2018 Hip Recovery Club.

Your membership allows you and encourages you to share your recovery journey with your fellow club members as well as all other members of the forum. (Please remember that the team club is primarily to allow you to see who has had surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding recovery must be kept in your individual recovery threads.)

If you have not already started your own recovery thread, what are you waiting for----there’s no time like the present.

We look forward to following you down that winding recovery road because WE CARE!

11. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @Whoknew, you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being an October Feisty and full-fledged member of the October Feisties' 2018 Hip Recovery Club.

12. TauraB

TauraB new member

My TRHR was October 16

13. smokey1

smokey1 junior member

Hi, Taura
    How is your recovery doing?

14. TauraB

TauraB new member

Not well. Thanks for asking. Lots of pain in both knees that I've never had previously. Pain in low back, SI joint, IT band of surgical leg and every step i take is painful...far worse than pre surgery. Surgeon is non responsive so I'm seeing PCP tomorrow. Very scary!

15. smokey1

smokey1 junior member

Taura,
    I am sorry to hear about your issues, but you are not alone in your frustration. You are a week behind me . I am 9 weeks out. I was doing pretty good until 5 weeks out and then I started dealing with a lot of nerve pain on my surgical leg and then started to get better, until I got sciatica in my lower back and in my butt. I am going to PT and saw my GP , becsuse like you , my surgeon is done with me , until the next surgery. Hang in there and rest when you can. Are you getting outside Physcial therapy?

• Like Like x 1
  16. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @TauraB, you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being an October Feisty and full-fledged member of the October Feisties' 2018 Hip Recovery Club.

17. Whoknew

Whoknew junior member

@smokey1, I'd never had the hip replacement that I was due for because I had been running a fever daily and severe pain way past that I'd had from the bone on bone hip. It took two months, 3 hospitalizations, 10 days in a nursing home before a surgeon did an MRI that suggested an infection in my femur. Emergency surgery confirmed that and instead of my hip I'd been waiting for I had the antibiotic spacer instead. AVN is avascular necrosis i.e. the bone died. They cut out the dead part of my femur during the first surgery. Doing ok now w/my new hip finally YAY other than my legs being different lengths from the surgery, tipped pelvis and a messed up opposite ankle. Got off hip precautions yesterday and got permission to drive so again, YAY. and best of all, no more of those damn compression stockings!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. smokey1

smokey1 junior member

Dear Whonew
    You have been to the ginger and back. I am so sorry for all you have been through. I am happy you finally got your new hip and are getting back to normal.Teo questions ; what do you do for the difference in leg length and secondly, how did your opposite ankle get damage?

19. smokey1

smokey1 junior member

Should have said “ringer and back”

20. AGuen

AGuen new member

My hip replacement was on Oct 15. Loving this and wish I found it sooner.

• Agree Agree x 1