Guest viewing is limited

TKR Update

Wow, 127 flexation is awesome. I'm only around 105/110. I am at 0 extension though. Good for you, that's why I still need a little more PT - I had some large calcifications behind my knee that my OS removed which I think is making my flexation a little slower. But I'll get there!

Congrats!
 
Thank you! Our numbers are close and it's only going to get better for both of us. I'm thinking I'll ask PT if I can come back in a few months and have him remeasure the flex. It'll be interesting to see if it's improved, I'm expecting it to. I'm going to take them a box of See's Candy because I think they've been really patient and fun and it's sad to let those moments pass without aknowledgement.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: RAD
@Benay that's fantastic! I have to say I think you were on point to do the surgery now instead of waiting! I have been doing shots for several years and limping for awhile before surgery. Now I am struggling to get my bend back mainly because my quad and calf muscles are gripping and tightening to "protect" the knee. My PT said just work on stretching at this point instead of worrying about building muscles and I think she is right because today I got to 120 and 0 but it took a minute to get the muscles to relax enough and had to massage through the points of pain but it worked. So reading yours and lopats posts I think you were smart!!

My PT also made a good observation to me today... everybody is different and coming from a different place. I personally would like to get the maximum flexion in my knee so I can squat, sit cross legged and hold my foot in my hand to do a quad stretch. Based on what I have heard this should not be unreasonable and is in line with what I could do before surgery and the most recent reinjury of the left knee.

Loved the measuring of the steps stories!!:heehee::heehee::heehee: would have never given it a thought! Please keep the updates coming!
 
@RAD my friend I am right there with you! May surgery was May 6 and I got stuck at 105-110 there for a minute. Now that I think about it started up about the time I started PT. See my post above but over the last week or so we figured out the problem is probably more muscular than with the knee itself so I am focusing more on stretching and massage than worrying about building the muscles and I got to 120 today. I think I am already following you... will check back to see how you are doing!
 
@sugarjo369 I want to squat and sit cross legged too and even be able to do full lotus again. Actually being able to graciously, seamlessly and elegantly get up off the floor would be great. Goals :treadmill:

Think it's very meaningful we can even think of these things x
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: RAD
@Benay
I want to squat and sit cross legged too and even be able to do full lotus again. Actually being able to graciously, seamlessly and elegantly get up off the floor would be great. Goals
I love how you put that!! lol.... makes me smile and laugh especially the seamlessly and elegantly part... I couldn't have done that at any point in my life I'm pretty sure :heehee:. I am going to keep following you until you get to the full lotus and you will continue to be my inspiration!!
 
@sugarjo369, thanks for the encouragement! I’m sure it’s muscular too, my PT is doing lots of massage to help me out. Congrats on getting to 120!
 
@Benay, ahhhh....the coveted 120!!! Good for you! I'm still not there yet and I am at 16 weeks. And descending the stairs are my last goal for PT. The rise definitely makes a huge difference! I am going to measure mine at home. I can do the stairs at PT and the rise on those is 6". I want to say the rise on my steps at home is closer to 8". I know a lot of it is in my head. I just have to get out of my own way :heehee:
 
No definitely that rise makes a massive difference, don't start me! The rise height is the difference between I can and no, this hurts. We'll get there!

PT pre grad yesterday measured me at 127/0. I'm still icing because the knee swells if it's not babied along, and also I love lying on the couch with iPad in hand catching up with you all.

Missed you when you were radio silent for awhile.
 
Last edited:
I'm 10 weeks post today @eelainea65, thanks surgery bud! Happy Hour too fun, sat at a high table and chairs and never gave the knee a thought too focused on the oysters. I had no discomfort whatsoever. Thank you knee.

I'm looking forward to the 3 month mark but happy for 10 weeks. I feel so good.

I'm meeting up with a needy, disgruntled client today (not upset with me) apart from phone calls this is the first face to face. But prior to that off to the hairdressers.

Piece by piece it's getting back to my old normal, comforting.
 
I have a numb spot about 1" x 1" below and to the left of my kneecap (which is still really not looking like a knee cap). I've found that the most hideous feeling is shaving that bit, I wouldn't, except it was visually disturbing. All the other numb spots have come back to life but this one is not only stubborn but hairy :badspidy:
 
Last edited:
@Benay, I have the exact same thing going on with the numb spot! I feel like my knee is starting to look like a knee though. I’ve avoided shaving that spot too but I’m going for it today!
 
@RAD let me know how it feels. Sense I'm really shallow with my 'not pretty' posts, hairy numb spot problems when others are having real issues but I look at this as my journal and down the line might have some significance. Thanks for the support :friends:
 
Another interesting thing for me is, at 10 weeks out, I feel like I'm cutting the cord to the world of the knee, by degrees. Today it's hurting (gardened yesterday) so will ice and take it easy. But I'm getting interested again in the things that pre op amused me and I spent time doing. The outside world holds excitement again. Hurrah!
 
I had that same numb spot and sgaving it always felt weird. I’m 2+ years post op and it’s almost gone. It still feels a bit weird to shave that spot. I’m still too careful there and always miss something. :doh:
 
Interesting you mentioned shaving your knee, after menapause, the hair on my legs seemed to stop growing, when I get my TKR, I need to shave twice a week. ???!!!??? Shaving your knee is the weirdest feeling
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom