Most people are much better off after this surgery. You and I are in the minority.I guess I should have done better research prior to the surgery. If I had any notion that I would be worse off then before surgery I never would have done it!
But I agree, I think if I’d known more about the recovery and possible outcomes I’d have waited until I was worse than I was. Looking back, it was way too soon. I didn’t know how good I had it, with the arthritis pain I had. It really hadn’t interfered in my life too much, and I was not bone on bone. My surgeon should never have offered me this partial, and I was too trusting, it never occurred to me to get a second opinion.
All I can do now is make the best of what I have now, as 2 second opinions have not found anything to fix. But, my husband and I are retired, so my knee doesn’t interfere with making a living, or anything else major.
Again, I do believe things will get better for you. My knee did. I had a lot of improvement in my second year and more, now in my third. Do I like my knee? No. But it’s a lot better than it was that whole first year.
United States
