Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Update-Bilateral TKRs 2.5 years later

@Moka I had a setback early on that took me at least 2 months to come back from. I expected it to be a few days but boy was I wrong. I’m sorry, that’s probably not what you want to hear, but then again maybe it will help to know you’re not alone. What I (finally) learned is that my knee is very reactive and I had to increase any activity in tiny increments.
Sorry for your setback but happy that you shared it with me. Yes, it helps to know that others have long setbacks but then get better. Thank you for sharing.
 
Thank you for your updates, truly. You express very eloquently what I am experiencing at two years. I have faced up to the fact that my knees have never got better, in fact are worse than my old ones, and sought opinions from revision surgeons.
Please keep us updated on your progress. It is so much help in making the decision to take the giant leap and get a revision.
May I ask one question, what did you mean by “a more constraining” implant?
OH, I am sorry to hear that you too have had a time of it with pesky knee issues. Yes, deciding to go through with a revision was not easy and most likely my other knee will need it....But, one day, one knee at a time. Apparently there are some implants that are more designed for stability and constrain the implant from having too much lateral sway which this surgeon said I had ( ligamentous laxity) with both my other implants. Time will tell if he was right. All the best to you.
 
My three years of ebbs and flows have been difficult. Much of the time I rise to the occasion and have learned acceptance and surrender at a much deeper level. I find happiness in far more ordinary things and look to what I can find good and joy in.
This is admirable, a grateful heart in the midst of your struggles.
It is two months to date since your revision and rather than extend happy anniversary wishes, I wish you much comfort and brighter days soon.
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary, Moka!
How are you doing these days? I hope you're enjoying some steady progress.
Please let us know as time allows. We'd love to hear from you. :)
All the best!
@Moka
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom