Guest viewing is limited

TKR up date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking nefopam 30mg 2 three times a day and 3 before bed also paracetamol 2 four times a day.
Never heard of nefopam before but it doesn't seem like it's suiting you. I suggest you have a chat with your GP and tell him that it's not doing a good job and could you try something else. Hopefully he will prescribe you Tramadol which is much better in my experience and you can also take this with paracetamol.

Incidentally, exactly what is the wording on your packet of nefopam? How does it recommend you take the tablets? Usually it says something "1-2 tablets every 4-6 hours".
I elevate toes above nose for 30 minutes 5 times a day.
Elevate more and ice more. 30 mins is nothing for trying to manage pain and swelling. You'd be better doing it 1-2 hours at a time.
At home I do heel slides, stretching and lie with a strap around my ankle to pull my knee up which is what he wanted me to do this week.
Yes, but how many times each set and how often each day?
I also walk up and down my living room 6 times. I do those twice a day.
Actually, you don't need to walk specifically like that. The times you go to the loo and kitchen and other things are quite enough. The time you spend doing that you could spend doing more elevating and icing!
I read lots of posts on here and people are getting a lot more rom than i am at my stage.
Honey, you said yourself that you're only 7 weeks out. I think your problem is being caused by inadequate pain meds and too much activity.
I went back to see the dreaded PT on Friday. He said i was behind and my knee bend was only at 80%. He said I have to try harder this week and if I don't have 90 or 100, he will need to start pushing and bending my knee himself when I go for my next appointment next week.
Well, you are a tiny bit behind but his causing you to be fearful isn't helping.
I went to my doctor last week and he said I'm having panic attacks as I was feeling sick or vomiting when I had to go out of the house. I told him I didn't want to go back to the PT, but he said I have to as it's a big part of my recovery. I'm still worried about going back even though I have tried more with my exercises since my last visit.
Of course you are having panic attacks. And though your GP said you had to go, he's right in a way that you need to go but what you really meant was that you don't want to go to that particular physio any more. This is not within your GP's purview to do anything about but it is within yours. Just phone the physio department and ask to speak with the department manager - don't accept anyone else. Then tell her that you're not comfortable with him and can you be assigned to someone else who will be a little more caring and encouraging. Please do that on Monday and remove yourself from the hands of the negative Nelly! He's the one who is making this all worse for you.
 
Hi everyone,
I went back to PT last week. He had a different attitude all together. He said my rom was at 90 and i was being discharged from Physio. Im due to see my OS on Tuesday and PT said if i was any less than 90 my OS would probably want a manipulation but he didnt think i needed it. I told him I cant get any more than 90 it didnt matter what i did. He said i had a angry knee and when my swelling went down it would be ok. The problem is my knee is very painful when i try to bend it on the inside of my knee and very painful under my knee. It seems to be where the tibia is joined to the metal plate. Even when im siiting and bring my foot forward its painful. As soon as i walk or exercise my knee swells really badly. Has anyone had this problem. I had my operation on the 1st of July and im worried i will never be able to bend my knee more than its at now. Thanks for listening
 
Hi
My knee is more painful today. All ive done is walked from the living room to kitchen a couple of stretching exercises and knee slides and its swollen and painful. Ive iced and elevated nearly all morning. I thought i'd turned a corner afew days ago as it felt a lot better now it feels like ive gone back 3 weeks.
 
Hi, It's been a while since ive wrote anything. I think it's just because im dishearted with my knee. I'm still getting swelling and pain from knee down to my ankle. Everyone says it will get better. Even my OS said he's known people to have swelling at 6mths. I just feel like i should never had it done.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom