Gingerbread
member
- Joined
- Jul 31, 2021
- Messages
- 225
- Age
- 54
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
I had some harsh PT and I'll say I know it didn't make a huge difference in the ROM or strength I have achieved since surgery.
I am able to do exercise routines I used to do, some with even greater strength, balance and stamina, and it's not due to PT. In fact, once my insurance stopped paying for PT, I quit that day! I worked out on my own terms and continue to build strength and ROM daily.
I am not saying movement and exercise are not important. What I am saying is, the pain the PT could inflict on you (by bending your knee past what you can tolerate) is absolutely unnecessary. Your knee will benefit from rest and gentle movement. Time will heal it.
I am able to do exercise routines I used to do, some with even greater strength, balance and stamina, and it's not due to PT. In fact, once my insurance stopped paying for PT, I quit that day! I worked out on my own terms and continue to build strength and ROM daily.
I am not saying movement and exercise are not important. What I am saying is, the pain the PT could inflict on you (by bending your knee past what you can tolerate) is absolutely unnecessary. Your knee will benefit from rest and gentle movement. Time will heal it.
( large bag of it ) several times a day this also helps numb the pain just make sure you have a cloth or a pillowcase wrapped round it.
the normal is at least 10-12 weeks, only drive when you are fully off the pain medication, not before.