PKR Two weeks in and support waning

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pain on every step does sound like something you should see the OS about. Soreness and some aching would be pretty expected but perhaps not sharp pains. my philosophy is it's always better to get it checked out.
 
I'm going to call Monday for an appt. They did take xrays at my 3 wks post op visit, but nothing since, inluding after the MUA, so it might be time for new xrays. Would tiny fractures show up on xray? I can't think of anything else that would cause this kind of bony pain, but what do I know.
 
Please do call to get in earlier. Something is out of kilter. I have had on and off soft tissue problems but that bony pain only when I has bone on bone with stress fractures prior to surgery. I hope you get some answers soon.
Christie
 
@ladymax.....how are things going now? Did you get in to see your surgeon?
 
I did see the Dr, yes. thanks for asking. The xrays look fine. That is a relief. He said it's just normal pain, and that it could be 8-12 months till I feel much better. I'm pretty depressed about this. I was so hoping to be at least better than before surgery by now (re. pain and function), but I am not. He prescribed Tramadol again for pain. I had been off prescription meds for about a month, now I'm back on. Limited activity - even a trip to the grocery store causes enough pain to take me off my feet for a few hours. I'm so done with this. I'm getting heavy, I feel lazy, and since I can't do the things I would nomally do to cheer me up, it's a pretty low time for me. I'm worried about depression. Planned trip to Florida for 10 days to visit my parents in Nov (planning since last year) will be a challenge. I'm planning to rent a wheelchair for two park days, to use as needed, and have cane on hand or the rest of the time. Not what I expected for six months post op PKR. :(
 
Oh, how discouraging. :(
 
Happy Birthday to you too "Pumpkin" :) I hope you had a good day. I had a fine day. Spent it at Disney. On vacation here, and struggling ALOTwith leg. So much pain and limited ability to walk, still, six months after surgery, I had to use a rented wheelchair just to get around. Still had enough pain to use Voltarin gel and Tramdol for pain. This pain is ridiculous. Just can't imagine this is "normal" even though Dr. has told me that is so.

Continue to try to keep my spirits up and wait for the magical day I wake up and the pain has eased for good and I can begin to live a normal life again! (as Dr. has told me to expect)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom