Guest viewing is limited

THR Two Hips Now Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you are having a painful day...do ask for more pain medication if you need it!! Hope all goes well for your first walk...Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Looking forward to sleeping tonight and getting up and doing some walking tomorrow. Day 1 post op was pretty long and only allowed 1 tiny walk this morning.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Congrats @OneHipDone - slow and steady..

Are they giving you ice packs? Hope you have a better night :)
 
Get control of that pain with medication and cold therapy as quickly as possible. You need rest, exercise, and stress free time to heal. Pain will only inhibit all of those and interfere with your recovery.
 
I had an ice pack this afternoon but my nurse tonight is not very helpful or friendly.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry to hear that, @OneHipDone. I know it is difficult but you must insist on getting your pain meds and ice treatment when you need them. It is very important in the early post-op period to promote a quick recovery. You go, girl!!!!
 
  • Agree
Reactions: VF
I had an ice pack this afternoon but my nurse tonight is not very helpful or friendly.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

That's why I was so pleased to awake from surgery with an iceman machine wrap on my hip. I only had to ask the nurses to replace the ice in the machine about twice a day to keep cold therapy on my hip for most of the first 48 hours.
 
All hippos walking down corridor on frames. Looking forward to walks and chats


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] Two Hips Now Done!
@OneHipDone, You may notice that I have merged your three threads. We like to keep our members' recovery posts all in a single thread. That way it's easy for us to go back and read your history before responding to a question or concern. In addition, the thread becomes a journal of your recovery for those who come along later and want to read about you. So, please post in this thread from now on when you want to give an update or ask a question. If you decide you'd like a different thread title at any point, you can change it using the Thread Tools button at the top right of the page or just post what you want here and we'll get it changed for you. THANKS!

If you are having a problem locating your thread, here is a link with how to do it: How can I find my threads and posts?
 
Hey ONeHIpDone, I am pulling for you. It is day six for me. How are you doing?
 
Today, day 3 post op and went from walker to stick and up and down stairs. Still pretty sore but great not having to go onto crutches. Can now get back into bed on my own too. Have been up in chair all morning but will probably go onto bed after lunch walkies.
 
Waited until 11pm for my 9pm pain killers then rang the bell, hopefully they will start working very soon. Been walking with just a stick and waled up and down stairs today. Home tomorrow all going well.
 
Slept around 3hrs last night. I'll look forward to going home today and getting some good night time sleep. Here's a photo from walkies last night, we did a couple of circuits.
[Bonesmart.org] Two Hips Now Done!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Came home yesterday and today just had walkies, a coffee and small walkies to the car. Still a bit tired but good sleep at home last night.
[Bonesmart.org] Two Hips Now Done!




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hope you are feeling as good as you look. Congrats on getting home.
 
Thank you nogods, yes, not feeling too bad. Just back from a morning of gentle walkies, sitting in the sun having a coffee etc, time to put feet up shortly. This time 5 yrs ago, I was still on two crutches after my posterior approach. I know I am walking better this time with one stick. The leg feels a little high, but not nearly as high as the left one did 5 yrs ago, and that surgeon had made the left leg 4cm longer than the right, so my surgeon this time has had to correct the leg length discrepancy, so no wonder the new hip seems a bit higher, when in fact, he has just evened it up. Must see if I am still 5'11"!!
 
Hi hippies, a question for you. I had Betadine solution applies to hip/thigh/bum before theatre and 4th day post op I started getting large red intensely itchy welts on thigh, bum side of hip. I am thinking this is a reaction to the Betadine wash. It's not getting better, but worse. Have you had such a reaction? Otherwise am doing well walkies and exercises but still tire easily.
 
Seem to have lost a post I wrote earlier today about the Betadine iodine surgical wash. Interested to know if anyone has ended up with allergic reaction. On day 3 post op I got large very itchy welts on my thighs, bottom, waist / hip areas and it's getting bigger and itchier. Otherwise apart from being tired, am getting in some good walks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom