Travel after hip replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@smyles It seems very unusual to have that type of pain. You have to go to a different Dr who will take you seriously. Besides your hips aren't that old - aren't they supposed to last 20+ years? There has to be something going on and you have to find some medical professional who will listen to you. Please post to let us know what happens!
 
@charmed-life We now aren't going until end of March to FL since I want to be able to golf and they want me to wait till week 8 post op. It has been such a brutal winter- although I haven't been out in it much! The sidewalks are so icy I just avoid going out unless necessary. Tonight, -20 windchill! Nice you can fly in business class - the extra room would be awesome.
 
Its actually not business class - a new thing called economy comfort on Delta. Costs just a bit more but if you are "Gold" status, no extra cost. I was told to wait 8 weeks also - but I'll be around 10 weeks by that time so not worried.
 
Hi @ megan33 iam 3 weeks post op and I am positive I will beable to fulfill my work obligation of flying to sanfrancisco from east coast (6) hr flight. I will be bringing my cane and will order the ride the airport offers. I was booked a first class seat which will make the flight easier but I usually fly coach and always ask for exit row seat by exit door (USAir ) it is usually row 10 . This allows a lot more leg room. I work bicoastal last year spent 11 weeks in San Francisco . I am familiar with the airlines. If you can let the airline know you need more legroom and see about exit row. Hope you have a fabulous tripi will be 7 weeks post op when I fly
 
@Megan I was reading post I noticed you had your surgery I week prior to me. I also want to wish you a happy belated birthday I am 57 , who would believe we would be having such surgery, getting older is not for the faint of heart lol
 
@Brave gal ...you have better luck than me with the exit rows...my airline (Delta) has a rule that you can't sit in an exit row if you have any physical impairment..I cant use the cane to board with an exit row seat assignment..long travel days with airports, jetways and long flights usually require a cane for me lately..so I opt for an aisle seat in economy comfort (tiny bit of extra leg room at front of coach) if I don't get upgraded so I can stretch out the leg and stand occasionally or book a bulkhead seat so you can prop the leg up if possible.

I am very encouraged that you feel like you will be able to make your trip at 7 weeks I believe you said post-op. That's really wonderful! Hoping your trip is safe and pain-free!
 
@Brave gal ...you have better luck than me with the exit rows...my airline (Delta) has a rule that you can't sit in an exit row if you have any physical impairment..I cant use the cane to board with an exit row seat assignment..long travel days with airports, jetways and long flights usually require a cane for me lately..so I opt for an aisle seat in economy comfort (tiny bit of extra leg room at front of coach) if I don't get upgraded so I can stretch out the leg and stand occasionally or book a bulkhead seat so you can prop the leg up if possible.

I am very encouraged that you feel like you will be able to make your trip at 7 weeks I believe you said post-op. That's really wonderful! Hoping your trip is safe and pain-free!
Thank you so much. I remember that they do ask if u speak English and if you are able to assist inca us of an emergency, you are absolutely correct I was always able to say yes. Keep me posted how ur making out
Thanks and swift recovery to you
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom