Guest viewing is limited

Total knee replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,thank you for your input. I was seen by this consultant last year following a visit to my GP so I did not actually choose him. Can I choose a surgeon on the NHS ? or use a different nhs area?. If not who would be best in my area?. D


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You should certainly be able to play golf and participate in junking activities after you've healed.

I feel much better climbing a ladder now that I have my new knee than before. Working off a ladder for an extended time maybe a separate issue, and I'm confident I'll do better after the second knee is done and heals. One of my goals into be able to climb scaffolding, and my OS didn't bat an eye at that.

I couldn't squat before, but I believe is will be more possible after my second knee is done and recovered based upon how I feel now. I can kneel, but it feels odd. Nice cushioning helps alleviate that feeling.

Running, while possible is not recommended due to extra wear and tear on the new joint. You've already indicated you're willing to substitute other activities. Many people find cycling to be rewarding.

Good luck.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Can I choose a surgeon on the NHS ? or use a different nhs area?. If not who would be best in my area?
Did you not read my post? I suggested a surgeon in there.

I can tell you that you can use any hospital in the UK according to the NHS choice: Patient's Charter and your right to choose. What you do is to get your GP to refer you there by writing to the surgeon of your choice. It might have to go through a little red tape but most people get there.

I'll be happy to advise you more if you wish.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom