Guest viewing is limited

THR Topaz's post op progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else had this problem with car seats?
Bucket seats are a major problem for new hippies. Use that cushion to ensure you are not slumped into the seat. Another tip is to use a plastic grocery or rubbish bag on the seat. It make swivelling in and out of the car much easier. Make sure the seat is positioned as far back as it can go to enter and exit. Enjoy your journey out!
 
@topaz - Have you used the bin bag on seat technique? Apparently it makes the swivel round from entry to facing forward easier. You would put the bin bag (or plastic carrier bag) underneath the cushion. If this is a new one on you and you give it a whirl let us know how you get on. Good luck :friends:
 
Whoops just duplicated Jaycey's comment. Oh well, better twice than not at all!
 
I hope you're going somewhere nice to make up for the indignities of shuffling in and out of the car!
Or make him drive your car if that's a better option?
 
@topaz I've ridden places a coup,e of times since March 11 surgery. There are YouTube videos on getting in & out of car You may want to watch one. Main thing I think is to have back of seat leaned back so you're not braking that 90 degree angle when you back up, sit down, turn & get your leg in.
Will be thimkimg of you!
SweetPea69
 
Thanks for all the replies everyone :loveshwr: Turns out I needn't have worried. I managed to get in and out no problem at all. The cushion rectified the hip/knee height problem caused by the bucket seat, and also swivelled on the leather as I was getting out, so this helped too.

@Zelda it was nothing exciting unfortunately, a trip to the ATM to withdraw some cash, but now I know I'm not going to have any problems I'll be asking to go somewhere nice very soon.
 
Hello everybody! Hope you're all doing well :flwrysmile:

I haven't been on here for so long, that I had to sit for a while and think what my password was...first attempt was wrong then I cracked it.

Well as you can tell from my updated signature, I have now received my LTHR (thank goodness!!). The new right hip is superbio, but it's obviously too early to judge the new left hip. Everything seems ok so far. I went under the knife at 10.30am on Monday, managed the stairs Wednesday morning and informed I could go home that day.

I've been diligently applying the ice pack...it's doing very well at keeping the swelling at bay. I seem to have a greater ROM whilst doing my exercises compared to last time, so I'm pleased with that.

Now, if I recall rightly, @Zelda was hoping to have her other hip replaced in May, so I'm off to catch up with other folks' news and updates :happydance:
 
Yay!
If my experience is anything to go by the second hip will really give you your life back! Hooray!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom