Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR - March 11, 2020

I am now nearly 5 weeks post op and the pain has improved but I’m finding that I’m having issues with my other knee which I had a PKN on in February 2019. It had never fully recovered and I’ve found that having to put extra pressure on this knee seems to have made it even worse. Is this normal 14 months on? Also for the knee that has been operated on is it normal for it to make cracking noises when you move it around. I have been icing both knees but sometimes feel that it feels stiffer afterwards. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.
 
Noisy knees are all quite common, After my TKR my knee had a click initially very noisy and prominent so much so I was getting obsessed thinking that the OS had badly fitted the joint, however my mind was quickly put at rest here on BoneSmart, fast forward 6 months I only notice it if I swing my knees from side to side, when walking it's gone completely so don't fret it will go /lessen with time. Like you my non operated knee is now playing up, possibly from changing the way I walk or just because it's jealous of all the tlc my other knee got. Eventually I know in a few years it too will need replacing x
 
Thanks for your reply, glad to hear it’s not just me. I’ve already had surgery on the other knee last year but unfortunately am still having quite a lot of issues with it. Hopefully this one will be more successful
 
My partial is 3 years old and I’m still having issues with it. :hairpulling:
 
One knee is 10 years old, the other one is 7 months.
The old one is showing signs of strain from doing more work, it gets a bit stiff and achey.
Now they are both very similar, I can't always remember which is which.
So now they are both doing the same amount of work, I'm certain they will both settle down in 2 to 3 months.
 
Thank you. Yes hopefully still very early days and things will start to settle down. This forum really helps with concerns though.
 
It is now just over 11 weeks since I had my TKR and the pain has improved although I find it clicks quite a lot and when I try to walk downstaurs I feel like something catches within my knee, is this normal.

Also I had a PKR in February 2019 and this is now causing as much pain if not more than the one done in March as it feels very sore under my knee cap and am beginning to wonder if the implant has moved. This knee has got worse since my recent op so could it be the extra pressure that had put on it.

I'm getting to the stage where I think I will never have pain free knees and it's very frustrating as i like to be able to get out and go for a nice walk but just feels too much of an effort. Any advice would be welcome. Thank you.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom