TKR left done on 12 December 2016

17 January - today went for my 1st revision. Specialist was extremely pleased with everything, my knee bend, the way I walk and the X Rays - also I now have no pain just a bit of swelling. I have increased the exercises now the main inflammation has gone. I followed your advice which has been excellent and gone at my speed but got there at 6 weeks despite also having flu a few weeks ago which put pay to everything to do with my knee. I have stayed within the parameters of not continuing if I had severe pain and it has paid off. Thank you all for your advice and helps !


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Yesterday went for second revision - I had been getting on so well and was so pleased but 3 weeks ago woke up with swelling and pain below my new knee. I rested it and was - back to Paracetamol and occasional Tramadol. The real problem was when I got up from sitting down and the initial step I took hurt. Once I got going it was not too bad. I had not used any walking aids for over a month. My specialist says I have tendon inflammation and gave me a steroid infusion. The relief seemed immediate but today still feels tender if I touch below me knee on the inside of my leg. Suggestions please for best treatment of this inflamed tendon!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm not sure I understand your second revision. Can you tell us your surgery dates? If you've had a revision that means you've had a TKR that had to be redone, the implant removed and another put in.

I don't know a lot about an inflamed tendon, but I do know you should rest and ice it after a steroid infusion and it's likely to be sore for a few days.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Operation done 12th December 2016 TKR left


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Jo Brook. I think you may have not understood how we use the word "revision". A revision means having the whole knee replacement operation done again, because something was wrong with it.

When you go back to your surgeon for him or her to check your progress, we call it a check-up or a review.
 
@Jo Brook. I think you may have not understood how we use the word "revision". A revision means having the whole knee replacement operation done again, because something was wrong with it.

When you go back to your surgeon for him or her to check your progress, we call it a check-up or a review.

Thanks for enlightening me. I did mean review.



Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
The specialist says that where they pull the ligaments and tendons to one side whilst they are doing the operation. I have inflamed ligaments he thinks I have been doing too much. Gave me a steroid injection and said it would be ok but after a week of rest, ice , not that good so went to see my Doctor who said to take Ibuprofen 800mg 3 times a day and this seems to be working. My knee can feel hot if I walk too much so my regime at the moment is trying to do it for half and hour and rest until it calms down then continue, but it is a lot better. I just want to get on and do all the things I did before ! Thank you all for your help and advice .


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
At your period of recovery, I think a half-hour walk is sufficient. Don't try to do any longer, particularly as you have some irritation and inflammation of your ligaments. Cur back all your activity, to allow them to calm down again.
 
Have you tried building up to that half hour by walking 5-10 minutes a few times a day? It'll allow you time to rest your knee between walks and possibly there'll be less swelling and pain.
 
Back
Top Bottom