Guest viewing is limited

TKR harder than I thought!

@Stephyrath So happy for you! The gentle easy way is much better. I too wrestled with should I or shouldn't I? Not anymore and my OS agreed today during my 6 week follow up. Glad you're taking charge! Keep up the good work!
 
i think that over time, so many people have knee replacements that it's become common place and people think it's no big deal. it is a big deal. it takes as much time as your body needs to heal. each of us is different but we are, of course, impatient to be back in action. i am hopeful that i will be back to my daily walks by mid spring or late spring or actually when my knee is ready.
 
Had my TKR on 16 January 2017 also had a lot of metal (plate & screws) removed from tibia, surgeon said around twice the normal amount of surgery apparently. I'm home and doing the physio now but I'm only getting about 60 degree bend and can't get my knee to fully extend yet. I realise I'm just under 2 weeks post op but I get the feeling I should be doing better. Really worried :-(


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
OMG, at 2 weeks I was still swollen and bruised. I can't remember what my bend was because I was still in a lot of pain. My p/t really only had me doing very very gentle stretches. I wouldn't worry, you're definitely not "behind"
 
A great big, Amen.......just what you needed @Stephyrath! When you have faith in someone it gives you that assurance that you aren't "bad" or behind at doing things to get stronger. Keep on with the great positive news.:yes!:
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom