THR THR: my journey and outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Josephine
would this explain my difficulty walking/rolling through a normal walking step?

BTW....I have run this problem of mine, which I have carried since the 2nd week of my THR,... I have run it by my GP, physio, rheumy and the OP surgeon and been told amongst other things, " people as thin as you can have problems in this area,no padding you see"

4 separate professionals and I am still limping about with a stick....I always knew instinctively, even from the start, something was not quite right but no one listened.

thanks Jo.i will give the exercises a go...thanks very much

XXX
John

oh my 1st line question.......could this be cause of my leg weakness?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
would this explain my difficulty walking/rolling through a normal walking step?
Yes of course!
I have run it by my GP, physio, rheumy and the OP surgeon and been told amongst other things, " people as thin as you can have problems in this area,no padding you see". 4 separate professionals and I am still limping about with a stick
They know nowt these folk! I am constantly amazed and upset by the level of ignorance on these simple and very common conditions!
 
@Josephine

last question dear Lady.....and this may sound daft... are there any special walking style tips you can let me have, something that I can concentrate on like good form or something that might help?
 
Well, having suffered a piriformis myself, I would say it's pretty difficult to walk at all much less properly! So I suggest you just follow the remedies given in the articles and let things settle. This is not caused by poor walking or gait.
 
@ochaye I had horrid piriformis after my LTHR. Tried the exercises in the articles - very gently at first. Also tried icing and that really helped. This one is tricky to get controlled. I still do hamstring stretches several times a day as the memory of it scares the heck out of me! :shocked: Hope things ease for you!
 
@Jaycey
one year ten months i have been out in all sorts of Scottish weather...in all sorts of pain,at the very least 1hour a day.
exercises at home 5 days a week....trying to gain strength in my hip..."walking is the best thing " they'd say

you would not believe what I have went through not to mention the depression. I spoke to anyone who would listen that it did not "feel right".....nothing.

to watch other people who had the same op recover with no problem....and the effort...effort effort

"try these exercises and come back in 6 months" is what the rheumy said a few weeks ago

I am bl**dy furious
 
to watch other people who had the same op recover with no problem....and the effort...effort effort
I know this is very hard. My first THR took forever to heal - literally over a year. While everyone was off hiking and skiing and getting back to life, I was still recovering.
"try these exercises and come back in 6 months" is what the rheumy said a few weeks ago
This is just not on! Can you see someone else. Sounds like all these people are just buying time at your expense! No wonder you are furious!
 
promised a cortisone injection if I am still the same in 6 months but I am gonna write to him soon requesting the date to be brought forward.......thanks JC...I have calmed a little since my last post..still a hurtin' though

see ya
love to all
John
 
@Jaycey

hi
is it normal after a period of two years to have a "sensitive" scar tissue?

not painful as such but a different sensitive feel to the scar from the rest of the thigh

thanks Jay :)
 
Hi @ochaye , do you mean sensitivity around your THR scar? I've had this - mostly with my LTHR posterior scar. To me it just feels a bit different from the rest of the area, not painful or something I can't touch without discomfort. I really never worried about it.
 
the actual scar.....yeah just sensitive really, not painful....just a little "different" sensitive to the touch I guess
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom