Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection THR from hell

Thanks for the update. I'm happy you feel you made the right choice and that things are healing well.
Minimal pain is awesome also. Stay in touch, we'll be here.
A great weekend to you!
@Fractured
 
Glad to hear you are healing well:yahoo:
You need some healing in your life for sure.
I won't even pick on you if you limp!:) :-) (:

I am really hopeful things get better very soon so you can have a happy spring and fly!!!:SUNsmile:
 
:fingersx::prayer: Let us know how it goes, we're here for you.
Happy Wednesday!
@Fractured
 
:fingersx::fingersx::fingersx::fingersx::fingersx: wait, how many did Jaycee put?:fingersx::fingersx::fingersx::fingersx::fingersx:
Please let us know:praying:
 
Well... Just had some blood work. WBC is at 7, CRP and sediment rate are a little high but for only 17 days after surgery not alarming. Getting a lil mo betta everyday!!! 45 staples removed yesterday. 25 more next week. Then no more wound vac. Hopefully only 10 more days of the Picc line.
 
Keeping you in my prayers...great for you to stay positive because this is what your body needs...

...My mama says there are my special shoes and they will take me wherever I want to go!:heehee:
I think of that when they told my son he might have to get shoes to walk after a spinal cord injury he was told he had little chance of recovering from.
Seven years later, he is walking with only minor issues and will be marrying next month to a beautiful girl. Now I have to find a dress:nah:
Keep the faith friend.:loveshwr:
 
Last edited:
Looks like you're heading down the right path.
Prayers will continue. Keep the faith and stay in touch.
Hugs to you both.
@Fractured
 
I couldn't push myself if I tried. I have no energy. The Vancomycen zaps all my strength. This stuff is horrible. I can only imaging what people on Chemo go through?
 
:sad:I'm sorry you feel so rotten. How long do you have to stay on that?
Continuing prayers that this phase goes by quickly for you!:praying:
 
Hi @Fractured, sorry you are feeling low. Strangely the Vancomycin 3 times a day plus Cefalexin was okay with me (at 5'2" and 120lbs) but have been struggling with an upset tummy/ache since being on Ciprofloxacina, but thankfully finish on Wednesday. Both in hospital and home taking Omiprazole for protection.

I wish you well in the meantime for peace until you start the journey again.
 
Sleep, sleep, sleep...if you can.
Your body has been through so much.
I pray things begin to turn around for you soon.
@Fractured
 
@Izabel Keep in mind... This is my 4th picc line since last May 2018. And this picc line isnt as bad as the last. I had a Antibiotic hip spacer and and Vancomycin beads in my thigh as well. Hopefully I get the rest of the staples out today and lose the wound vac
 
Will be thinking of you. Fingers crossed :fingersx: and a prayer going up :praying:
Let us know how it goes...
@Fractured
 
Hi @Fractured. I had never heard of a PICC line before joining BoneSmart. I don;t know if it is done in this country as they are so conservative. Not sure I could have one anyway as IVs collapse my veins! Therefore I had to be swapped to tablets with all my hospitalisations, this last time from Vanco to Cipro, which I thankfully finish tonight.

Hope all goes well with the staple and vac removal. I may get half of mine out on Friday (only half as the top is weeping 'blood water'). I only had 32 staples which surprised me having had a 30cm stem put in to correct my 5cm LLD.

Sending best wishes across the miles.
 
@Izabel All staples out... Only 68 this time. 22 inch incision. But the wound vac stays another 10 days. 19 April I lose the Picc line. IM not draining any fluid thank God. Glad your almost finished with it all!!!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom