Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

THR THR/A Doing Well

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Yay for NORMAL!
Happy dance :happydance: :happyfeet: :chuckmarch: Only us, not you...yet anyway :wink:
Safe travels and enjoy the time with your friends and kids.
@ForumUser

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:wave:Great update @ForumUser
Isn't this surgery just Amazing!?
Aren't we so lucky?
Sounds like you are catching on to the incremental progression of activity...I finally did.
Sometimes it was a bit of a two steps forward, one step back...but it just keeps getting better and better...unless you push it TOO far.
Hope you have a good weekend.:SUNsmile:

OP
OP
ForumUser

ForumUser

senior
Country
Day 26

Continued with 250 mg Tylenol in morning only. Still taking two 81 mg aspirin for another two weeks.

Increased walking distance in morning to three blocks, and in afternoon to about half mile. Felt better than yesterday; no pain, just some stiffness after icing.

OP
OP
ForumUser

ForumUser

senior
Country
Day 27

Interesting day ... especially after being inside so much!

Drove truck three hours to visit friends ... and three hours back ... couple hours in between for lunch.

No pain while driving ... but, pretty stiff initially getting out!

Back at the house icing down

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:wowspring:Don't mind me.
Just like to interject some fun into your journal once in awhile :bicycle1:
You're doing GREAT! :yes: Hope you have a wonderful week :chuckmarch:
@ForumUser

OP
OP
ForumUser

ForumUser

senior
Country
Day 28 - Four Weeks

Walked a mile with wife this morning ... no issues ... could have done more, but BEING CAREFUL :)

Comparing side to side, still a bit of swelling.

Wound site tightening up, but still goofy looking.

Sleeping on both sides ... still think about it as I roll over, but seems easier to do.

Cecropia

graduate
Country
@ForumUser Was just reading your recovery. I must say you have really fared well after your surgery.:yahoo:

OP
OP
ForumUser

ForumUser

senior
Country
Cecropia,

Would have done a bit better has I not overdone it during the second week ... I was getting good advice here, but just did a bit too much. Set me back a week or so, but every day is a bit better, now.

I reviewed your experience thus far. You’re doing great and recovery is quite consistent with the norm.

I was probably too focused on eliminating narcotics after the surgery, but Tylenol knocked everything down to a level where I knew where the threshold was ... I was fortunate enough to be able to do this and still recover. Everyone is different ... plus, I had the experience of my first hip replacement where I hated the feeling of narcotics soooo much.

I haven’t seen (could have missed it) in your thread where you placed a pillow between your knees and ankles ... if you haven’t done this, try it ... was recommended by staff at hospital. I found it stabilizes joints and provides a sense of confidence. You’ll be sleeping on the op side soon so will need to realign the pillow when you roll over.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Yay for feeling normal! It's so nice to do normal things again without being in pain.
You're doing great. Keep it up.
Have a wonderful Tuesday!
@ForumUser

Cecropia

graduate
Country
@ForumUser Thanks for the advice. I do use a pillow between my legs when I try the side sleep. My husband gets up early like 7am and I left the recliner, like I needed a position change and went to the bedroom, made it 40 minutes on my side before it felt like everything was pulling apart at the seams. I'll get there. Glad you are doing so good, enjoy the summer.:SUNsmile:

OP
OP
ForumUser

ForumUser

senior
Country
Day 29

Slept fine, good day.

Am feeling a bit stiff from long walk yesterday ...so, shorter walk today ... also waaay hot today.

Was comparing muscles between op leg and other ... op leg about 5” above knee and to the outside, feels sore and a bit lumpy compared to the other. I know the soreness is normal and will fade, but the lumpy feel of the muscle is a bit weird ... perhaps just getting leg back into shape?

OP
OP
ForumUser

ForumUser

senior
Country
Day 30

Another good day ... swelling around the surgical site not going down as quickly as I’d hoped, but no new pain.

Was given a solo walk pass and walked 30 minutes around neighborhood at pretty quick pace ... gonna be working on a gait for awhile, I think

OP
OP
ForumUser

ForumUser

senior
Country
Day 31

Mile plus walk with lovely and kind wife through the neighborhood and park this morning ... fast enough to sweat ... felt pretty darn good. Still working on a gait ... like the first hip, I think this will be the hardest thing. Like most, I don’t want to limp.

Surgical site smoothing out a bit more each day ... still some incision numbness, but getting better - it is never going to be pretty, though . Slept on op side quite a bit last night ... still wake up a tiny bit as I roll to the that side.

Icing and elevating!

OP
OP
ForumUser

ForumUser

senior
Country
Day 32

Busy! Long, mile plus walk, then drove to breakfast, then to Parade of Homes house ... funny thing ... looking around and walked upstairs without thinking ... got about 3/4 of the way before I thought about the hip ... about the same time as the hip told me

So, went furniture shopping for a sofa. Lots of walking. Lots. Lots of sitting. Lots. Did I mention LOTS?

No issues!

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
One month Hipversary.:tada:

got about 3/4 of the way before I thought about the hip ... about the same time as the hip told me
Glad you are listening. That's how we find the lines...
Sitting does get old...I remember, but all temporary and you are doing just great, in my opinion.
Have a great weekend.:)

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Lots of lots yesterday...and you survived, good for you. :yay:
Happy One Month Anniversary!
Hope you and wifey do something fun to celebrate. Have a good one :)
@ForumUser

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Yeah we’re going BACK to the furniture store(s) and the Parade of Homes ... sigh.
Not funny...but funny :heehee: Sorry!
Find a comfy chair at the furniture store, then sit and people watch while she shops.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
1stepatatime
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom