Tomorrow I see my OS at 9 weeks post op. He had said 2-3 months for recovery and I have taken almost all that time and instead of returning to work next week I will have my OS write me permission for 2 more weeks. During the past week it has been made very clear to me that until my second hip is done and all 4 joints and all systems supporting them are strong and healed, I am in a holding pattern. I am improving progressively but not quick, walking or standing too long still angers both legs so I what? - don't do that. Hip is great, its the whole package, legs and knees, that are still painful.
My next surgery is not until 11/23, so 2-3 months from then puts me to February and I am preparing to make a bold decision to leave my job of 25 years instead of returning. With no more FMLA I am with out a job when I go out for my next surgery anyway. I am almost 65 and want the rest of my life to be without the chronic pain of the last few years, so concentrating on healing in every way from now until my next (and hopefully last) surgery seems the only thing to do. I should add that my job is extremely demanding and stressful and there is no patience for less than a 60 hour work week, on/ available 24 hours.
So, scared - financially this is really risky - but I really think I need to do this. Anybody out there talking huge risks to concentrate on their recovery??