Harryn1
member
I had RT Hip replacement (cemented), Dec 2017 and have had severe groin and thigh pain with a lump in my thigh since the beginning,,Touching the outside of my leg in some spots is very tender to touch. Surgeon is either not believing me or is trying to shove it under the rug. I had a bone scan done (which had nothing to do with the problems I was having, my PIP ordered it way before my surgery), and it showed "POST SURGICAL CHANGES AND LOOSENING" .The surgeon refused to look at the CD Scan , because he did NOT order it. When I questioned him about it,, he said it is "normal" to show "loosening" up to 2 years after Surgery. I have no way of finding out if this is a fact or not. He did finally do an MRI and said there is nothing wrong,, the report I have said," Insertional tendinosis and ossification of the gluteus minimus and medius tendons with mild insertional partial tearing, and same of the hamstring. So at this point I am not sure what to do,, other than live with the pain, Getting another Dr to look at me is almost impossible. My question is: IS it normal for a bone scan to show Loosening of the fixture? If it shows loosening and its not,, how would you know if it really is "loosening"??? Thanks
1. See another Dr; and
2. See a medical negligence litigation attorney.
South Africa