THR The flip side

Hi @honeybeast
Just wondering how you were doing and realized I missed wishing you a happy 2 month hipversary!:loveshwr:
Hope all is still progressing and you are getting back to your life!
 
Last edited:
@honeybeast :hi:
I see you mentioned on another thread you just became a double hippy.
What was your date for your right hip and how are things with you?
 
Hi :wave:
Double hippy, honeybeast! :happydance:
Tell us all about it. We'd love to hear and support you as you're healing.
Warm wishes for a wonderful week!
@honeybeast
 
Just checking in on hip #2. I am 5 days post op and things are going pretty well. I expected this surgery to be similar to the first one. But they feel totally different.

My first hip had a lot of pain and pressure in the stem and I had some complications with hip flexor dysfunction. I'm not feeling that this time around. This time most of the discomfort has been in the back of my hip. I'm walking pretty well, but am not able to abduct or adduct the op side. Doc says take it easy, lots of muscles were retracted during surgery and that if function doesnt return by 2 weeks post op we'd do some PT.

I'm not too worried- I know it just takes time to heal and I feel a lot better after this op than the first one. Anesthesiologist was able to do a spinal this time -- that made a world of difference in how I felt. (Last time they couldn't get the needle in because of scoliosis) I'm having some difficulty sleeping, but I know this too shall pass.

With luck I'll be feeling much better by summer and I'm looking forward to swimming and dancing without hip pain!
 
Won't that be grand!:happydance:
. Doc says take it easy, lots of muscles were retracted during surgery and that if function doesnt return by 2 weeks post op we'd do some PT.
He IS Correct...so don't worry about the temporary aggravations and take it slow and easy.
I'm glad this one seems a little easier on you.
Behave and ice it up....:ice:
Healing hugs coming your way:angel:
 
Hi @honeybeast :hi: Welcome to Recovery Round Two!
Well...you know what they say, no two recoveries are alike, even with the same person.
It's good you're feeling better this time around. I hope it continues.

Please keep in mind the Big Tip from the Recovery Guidelines in Post # 16 of your thread -
BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

I'm sure you'll be feeling great by Summer and able to swim and dance as you're hoping. :swim: :happyfeet:
Thanks for updating. A great rest of the week to you!
 
Hi @honeybeast
Just checking in to see how your recovery is going a couple weeks in.
Please leave us an update next time you stop by the forum.
We'd love to here how you're progressing.
Happy healing!
 
Hi @honeybeast
Just checking in to see how your recovery is going a couple weeks in.
Please leave us an update next time you stop by the forum.
We'd love to here how you're progressing.
Happy healing!

Hi Layla thanks for checking in. I'm doing really well. I have regained about 75% function in the abductors, just like the Dr said. I'm walking w one crutch and transitioning to walking short distances in the home unassisted. I mentioned to him that i still get pain in the first op leg, but this one feels a lot better and he said it could have to do with the deformity in my spine from the scoliosis.

I got my bandage off yesterday. Ahhh, sweet relief!

Was hoping to be able to go off the aspirin, but he says 4 more weeks. Rats. My feet feel like ice cubes.

Things are going well!
 
Hi! Just read through your first recovery. I hope your family of “amateur doctors” are behaving themselves this time and not expecting you to run, leap off tall buildings and have the energy of a six year old!

My niece IS a doctor and she was brilliant - she even bought me a “hip hop” cd in hospital with the latter h crossed out and made me laugh.

How are the knees coping this time round?

Hopefully the nausea is better this time. You know the drill - ice ice ice!
 
Happy Monday :hi:
You're doing well...it's great to hear. Inspirational to those following behind you also.
Stopping by to wish you a Happy One Month Anniversary to Righty!
I hope you have a wonderful week :SUNsmile:
@honeybeast
 
:hi: @honeybeast
Happy Two Month Anniversary Righty!
Looks like it's Lefty's One Year Anniversary in three days. Lots of reasons to celebrate. :yay:
I hope you're doing well. Leave us an update next time you stop by. Would love to read about your progress.
Wishing you a fantastic Spring and Summer :SUNsmile: :flwrysmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom