TKR That didn't hurt much, honestly!!

[Bonesmart.org] That didn't hurt much, honestly!!
@MGS, I have merged your two threads.This is the second time we have merged recovery threads for you. We like to keep our members' recovery posts all in a single thread. That way it's easy for us to go back and read your history before responding to a question or concern. In addition, the thread becomes a journal of your recovery for those who come along later and want to read about you. So, please post in this thread from now on when you want to give an update or ask a question. If you have questions or concerns that need an immediate answer, please tag an admin, a mod, or other members or all three.

If you decide you'd like a different thread title at any point, just post what you want here and we'll get it changed for you. THANKS!


If you are having a problem locating your thread, here is a link with how to do it: How can I find my threads and posts?
 
Infection.....oh, that sounds scary. Wishing you the very best! Let us know....


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
It sounds as though you may have a surface infection or cellulitis. Do keep an eye on it as the doctor suggests as it can sometimes be a bit tricky to get under control. If this is the case, it is not the same as having an infected implant....a much more serious situation. Please take care of yourself!!
 
I can change your thread title for you---just let me know what you want it to be.
 
I'm just starting 8 weeks. Still have some swelling, but most of the tightness is gone. Still a little tight. Take care of that infection, it gets better.
 
Hello again! Thanks, everyone for your support. At 18 days post op, and after 4 days of antibiotics (3 more to go) my wound has healed well, surrounding soft tissue a bit less red and hot, feels VERY tight and more painful when standing for a while, but, hey ho, tomorrow's another day (or so I'm told !). One query for discussion - a friend suggested I apply Bio Oil to the skin on my knee, any thoughts??????
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well you still have swelling, so that tight painful feeling is typical. Just listen to the knee and give it a nice ice and elevation session. :) I never bothered with anything other than regular lotion or cocoa butter with vitamin E. I don't know if anything particularly helps the scar other than to keep your skin nice and moisturized. Of course only when the incision is completely healed over.
 
Ten months on from a TKR, and other than a painful episode of cellulitis, I suppose my recovery has been unremarkable. However, over the last couple of months, I've been taking a walk for about half an hour almost every day. No problems when I'm walking,
but when I stop walking or even when I stand still for any length of time, bending my knee becomes VERY painful, for a while it's like moving a rusty joint. Anyone else experienced this????
 
@MGS sounds like swelling. Are you still icing and elevating?

BTW - can you please not create new threads about your recovery issues? I once again merged your new thread into your existing recovery thread. We need your history in one place so that we can better advise you.
 
Back
Top Bottom