TKR Texasjeri’s RTKR recovery

Many of us never took formal PT or did exercises. I am one of them. I had 11 knee surgeries, 2 of them kneecap removals and 1 tkr. Even after those I never took PT. But, I didn't just sit around and do nothing. I took care of myself, my house and yard as my knee allowed me to do. As I healed, I did more. But, my knee was always in control! This was enough therapy for me and would be for any tkr patient. All the awful pain of PT is so unnecessary.

All you have to do is use it in your daily living! Your knee knows how to rehab itself and doesn't need anyone telling it how. Just use it and it will come back like new! You have to be patient, though, it doesn't happen quickly! ADL,(activities of daily living), going to the bathroom, brushing your teeth and bathing, fixing a light meal, getting something to drink and or a snack, those kinds of things will be all the exercise your knee needs. If you just use it daily in your living, you can have a less painful recovery. We know what works, we've been there!
 
I’m sorry your outpatient PT didn’t go so well for you.

My surgery was on Monday, I went home on Tuesday, and had my first outpatient appointment on Wednesday. After all the trouble getting into the car to come home from the hospital I didn’t know how I was going to get in the car again the next day to go to PT.

What I have since learned from Bonesmart is that I never should have had to go to that appointment so soon, if at all! But I didn’t know that then.

I’ve learned a lot since then and things are going to go differently next time.

Hang in there, we all know what you’re going through. :console2:
 
Glad you are doing so well !

And yes - hydrate, hydrate, hydrate !!
Trust me on this.

Keep up the good work of resting and recovery !

Ps how often do you do the home exercises? I am not going to do them to the point of pain, but some of the stretching feels good, and I figure movement is good if it doesn’t hurt. I know what the PT says to do, but wondering how much folks really do actually do !
 
Back
Top Bottom