Hip Arthroscopy Terrible lower back pain after hip labral tear?

@Tammii1981 I am so sorry you are still struggling with all this. Can you tell me where you are located in the UK and the name of your current surgeon? I'll try and research a bit to help you find someone who will listen to your needs. Hang in there!

Thank you so much. I’ve posted details in my Separate message. I’m hoping the doctor can shed some more light on things, but I’m positive I need to seek advice from someone who specialises in spines. I’m almost certain the back pain is linked to my RLS. Keeping fingers crossed!
 
Yes, it really did just ease up on its own as I was able to do more regular movements and exercise without the restriction of the groin pain. In fact, I remember emailing my OS to tell him how much better I was about 6 weeks after my year follow up. He was delighted. Since you had more extensive surgery, I would think a longer time for healing would be reasonable but what your describing seems to go beyond just that. I’m wishing you the best with your appointment tomorrow. Will be looking forward to your update.
 
Yes, it really did just ease up on its own as I was able to do more regular movements and exercise without the restriction of the groin pain. In fact, I remember emailing my OS to tell him how much better I was about 6 weeks after my year follow up. He was delighted. Since you had more extensive surgery, I would think a longer time for healing would be reasonable but what your describing seems to go beyond just that. I’m wishing you the best with your appointment tomorrow. Will be looking forward to your update.
Thank you so much for your advice and kind words, I’ll update as soon as I can
 
Tammii
After my last cortisone shots , the radiologist hit my femoral nerve and I ended up with nerve pain in my upper thigh (meralgia paresthetetica)...I don't hink u have that...but the reason for my reply is that nerve pain is quite different than hip.groin and general muscle pain...you would definitely know the difference for trapped nerve pain (burning,stinging, on and off electric...)..hope that helps a bit..jeffrey
 
Tammii
I recently had the same surgery done 4 months ago and am experiencing the same pain as you. Most days, my back is killing me, and my legs appear to go numb. Have your symptoms gone away?
 
@cecee21 Welcome to BoneSmart! You posted on an older thread. The member has not been back on the forum since February 2020. Why don't you start your own thread in the hip post op forum where you will get more input from our members. This tutorial will help you start a thread: Starting a new thread and posting
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom