TKR Tawinoh on the other side, its turning into a nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone for your encouragement and support! Not having a good day today, really tired and depressed. Guess I have the Knee Replacement Blues. :sigh: My Knee is still really stiff, I know I've lost ROM, I'm not even walking as well as I was before they started the aggressive PT. It has really set me back. I did some gentle exercises and have been resting, elevating and icing. I know its going to take time to get back to where I was.
 
You're doing all the right things! It may take a while, but you'll get there.

Yep, you're right at the "angry-tissue" stage of recovery, where you feel as if you should be doing better, but the knee says No. That's about the time when The Blues hit, too. It's miserable, but entirely normal.

Nearly all of us have been there, done that. We understand, so keep posting. Whine, moan, cry, vent - we'll listen. With time, the depression should go away. If it doesn't, see your regular doctor. :console2:
 
Keep up the good work @tawinoh! You should be proud of all of the accomplishments you have made thus far!

I have been doing my own PT that the hospital gave me. The private PT that I did on Tuesday and Thursday was not exercise but TENS and ultrasound to loosen everything. The physiotherapist told me to keep doing what I am doing at my own pace. I am seeing small improvements so I am happy with that.
 
Just remember, you can't exercise yourself toward healing anymore than you can eat your way thin. Exercise/PT are only tools. Think of them as tracks guiding a train.

Everyone hopes for that certain exercise that will make their knee progress better/faster (as did I!). This is a less-is-more business. Pick fewer than a handful of routines that work for you and don't do much of any, at least for now.
 
It will take time to undo what's been done and you shouldn't worry about it.
Plenty of time yet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom