Ankle Talonavicular joint fusion scheduled Nov 23

Couldn’t you sleep last night? I’ve just noticed the time you posted. I hope you got back to sleep ok.

It does seem silly that walking doesn’t just come naturally. I wonder if I’ll ever be straight? I’m very glad I don’t have 8 legs! :badspidy:
 
I do those rocking exercises, too. Some of them mimic a long stride and the rolling of the foot when you walk normally. Incredibly difficult and painful at first, but they are getting easier as my ankle loosens back up.
 
I do those rocking exercises, too.
Did your physio tell you that you have to get to the stage that you can do these with your eyes shut? I am getting resluts from these exercises but the eyes shut version has me hanging on to the wall!
I've gone back to my volunteering this week so thats progress.
 
@Annie N, eyes still open here! But I have advanced to not needing to hang onto anything. I am seeing big improvements in my balance. It was horrible when I first came out of the cast.
 
Hi reading all I can regarding Ankle fusion, it only just occurred to me...

Will I need to wear skirts ? Or will I be able to get trousers over my cast ?.

I'm generally a trousers gal so this might need some thought
 
@Supersonic The original poster on this thread has not been back here since march of 2024 so you are unlikely to get a response from her. While I have not had a TAR I would guess that you could wear long pants but ones with a wider or looser lower leg fit.

Please consider joining our Insiders Club - you would have more access to information and additional staff input. You can learn more about it here:

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom