Guest viewing is limited

TKR Swelling Frustrations

Yay! I really liked these online and wondered if they were a good choice. Thanks for letting me know!
 
Hello Everyone - I have not been on the site for awhile - job/life has been a bit crazy. I am nine months out(surgery was in June 2023) from surgery and still recovering. Anyone else still having challenges with their new knee? I thought for sure by now I would not have to keep icing my knee due to swelling, range of motion still not totally there and some issues with fatigue of the knee if I do alot. How are you doing with your knee?
 
@MichiganGal, you posted in the Knee Pre-Op. I moved this to your Recovery Thread.

Have you seen your OS and asked about this? It's not to have a little swelling for up to a year or more, but not to the extent you are writing about. I'd certainly let your doctor know about it.
 
Sorry about posting in the wrong area. I have a follow up with my OS in June. Hopefully this is just due to doing more exercises and challenging my knee. He warned me that sometimes it just might swell up and then it will go down again. But that is not reassuring to me.
 
I have a follow up with my OS in June.
There is no magic to that one-year follow-up date. It's really an arbitrary standard. If the swelling is really worrying you, don't wait until June -- schedule an earlier appointment with your surgeon. If nothing else, it will give you peace of mind.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom