Susie2023
junior member
- Joined
- Feb 28, 2023
- Messages
- 55
- Age
- 73
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Hello & Happy New Year to everyone!
I had my "surgical" one year check up this past Wednesday. Mechanically, knee is good. When I bent my knee for the surgeon he said it looked like 120 and i told him i was hoping to get the bend to my bottom as before.Then looking at the xrays, he explained that the replacement was designed for 120-125 ROM then pointed out the components on the xray that would limit the ROM.
I wanted to say to him, but much too polite, that in his notes during the MUA he stated he got 130. But I bit my tongue.
I told him December 2023 brought a reduction of swelling, some days I have more motion. I continue stretching & my stationary bike. I started back to Yoga in September. Child pose brings challenges but I continue gently, no longer discouraged. It is what it is. I do notice my calf muscle right below my knee and hamstring right above it, definitely need stretching everyday. It enables my bend & extension. My extension came back too.
I finally rode my horse. I have trouble getting my foot in the stirrup on the surgical side. I don't have confidence riding away from our property anymore. Facing some life changes but it will hopefully benefit me & my horse.
I remain hopeful more improvement occurs. My other knee has taken a toll and has been letting me know. I am mentally not ready to have another experience as this has given me. But when/if it's time, I'm much more prepared what to expect, what doctor to choose, how I want to participate with pt, and how to prepare. I do secretly wish for God to tell me it's all gonna work out. I do believe that though. But it would be nice to hear sometimes!
Thank you all for your support and allowing me to share my journey & thoughts.
I had my "surgical" one year check up this past Wednesday. Mechanically, knee is good. When I bent my knee for the surgeon he said it looked like 120 and i told him i was hoping to get the bend to my bottom as before.Then looking at the xrays, he explained that the replacement was designed for 120-125 ROM then pointed out the components on the xray that would limit the ROM.
I wanted to say to him, but much too polite, that in his notes during the MUA he stated he got 130. But I bit my tongue.
I told him December 2023 brought a reduction of swelling, some days I have more motion. I continue stretching & my stationary bike. I started back to Yoga in September. Child pose brings challenges but I continue gently, no longer discouraged. It is what it is. I do notice my calf muscle right below my knee and hamstring right above it, definitely need stretching everyday. It enables my bend & extension. My extension came back too.
I finally rode my horse. I have trouble getting my foot in the stirrup on the surgical side. I don't have confidence riding away from our property anymore. Facing some life changes but it will hopefully benefit me & my horse.
I remain hopeful more improvement occurs. My other knee has taken a toll and has been letting me know. I am mentally not ready to have another experience as this has given me. But when/if it's time, I'm much more prepared what to expect, what doctor to choose, how I want to participate with pt, and how to prepare. I do secretly wish for God to tell me it's all gonna work out. I do believe that though. But it would be nice to hear sometimes!
Thank you all for your support and allowing me to share my journey & thoughts.