Guest viewing is limited

TKR SusaninChicago’s recovery thread

Thank you, Jockette and Sisterpat. I am grateful to my OS for catching the osteoporosis so that I can get treatment, and my little kitty and other cats are such a comfort. Gramalita98–I don’t think the osteopenia will necessarily effect your TKR, mine went fine, but do talk with your doctor.
regarding osteopenia, I brought my dexa scan to my first meeting with th surgeon, he said it is not an issue for him, he might use more cement if the bone looks bad.
 
I feel hungry; that is, I have an appetite. Just hard to find something that agrees with my sensitive tummy.
 
You probably need to find a favourite food and start eating little and often. Ice cream or yogurt does it for me. If you are craving any particular food start there. Your body is spending tons of energy on healing. It needs fuel.
 
Well, tomorrow is my 8 week anniversary! I am doing pretty well—released from pt with an exercise plan last Monday, and the persistent nausea and fatigue are finally gone. Yay! I’ve pushed my daily walk to 1.5 miles with no pain or swelling and am working on going up and down stairs normally. I feel about 80% ok.
 
Glad to hear it! I am doing pretty good at day 19, actually went to Walmart and the grocery store with my honey and have taken 4600 steps according to my fit bit. The most pain I have is always during the night. I also have a hard time keeping my eyes open when sitting in the recliner throughout the day. If only I could feel that way during the night. Anyway I’m glad you’re doing good take care!
 
Great report Susan! You are an inspiration for all of us!
 
I am curious though about differing postop experiences and outcomes. Does it come down to the skill of the surgeon or are other factors involved? While I am relatively young for a knee replacement, I am totally out of shape because of the pandemic lockdown and my arthritis pain. I am also carrying about 20 extra pounds, so I don’t think I was an especially good candidate. The doctor said my knee was a mess with large femoral and tibial osteophytes That had to be remove.

I'm wondering about the implant used possibly determining the post op experience. Can you share what implant you got? Was it the same for both knees? I do hope that your stomach and fatigue issues have resolved.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom