Guest viewing is limited

TKR Surgery Done, Lateral Release!

@Sun catcher ,
Happy to hear the Lateral Release helped you regain your pain free mobility.

Thanks for posting an update, other members will benefit from your sharing.

Would it be OK to add to your thread title "Lateral Release" so members searching for information can more readily find your thread?
Absolutely!
 
@Sun catcher So glad you found relief with the lateral release. I am 11 weeks post op bilateral and I am having issues with my right patella not tracking. X-rays show it clearly to the lateral side. Surgeon agrees with physio that this should resolve with strengthening of the quads. Did you have a lot of "start up" pain ie: sitting for a period of time to standing and walking. I have significant pain under the patella that typically resolves with about 10 steps but continues longer at times.
I know I am still early in my recovery but at what time did you agree to do the lateral release?
I did PT for months and the tracking for me did not improve. I had start up pain all of the time and up and down stairs hurt. The further I got along I felt things got worse. I also would have pain all day at times. My doctor first suggested at six months at that time I tried a cortisone injection. I waited till almost 1 year because I was hoping to correct with muscle strengthening but if did not improve. I literally felt better from day one of the release. I hope you feel better.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom