• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

SuperPath and Hip Dysplasia

OP
OP
Mersada

Mersada

Country
United States United States
hi @Layla , Thank you for thinking of me, I appreciate you. I am fine, still lurking every day.

My summer was ok, uneventful.

This weekend the weather has been great so far. I had a hair and nail day today. I have a gender reveal party tomorrow. It's my nephew and his wife's party. I am sure I won't be doing any dancing. Although, I have my good and not so good hip days.

Looking forward to Monday, as well...it's supposed to rain, so I will probably just chill at home...maybe visit my eldest sister who I haven't seen in six weeks. She spends her summers in Montenegro--where we are from--she owns a home there. I am always invited, but I have two dogs...so, it's tough to go anywhere more than a week. I hate leaving them longer than that. It's not worth going to Europe for less than 2 weeks. Besides, the city is built on an acropolis so there is a lot of steps...deffinitely not up for that...not yet.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend and your barbeque, that's always nice.

Again, thanks for thinking of me...I'll be here reading the positive posts. I don't want to read too much about complications. I am shooting for fall of 2020 for my surgery date. I'm hoping I can hold out till then...I think I can, I think I can...lol.

Take care for now. xoxo

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:hi:
Sure do hope you are able to get everything set for next fall.
Love to see you getting well.:ok:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
It's good to hear from you, Mersada.
I'm happy you're sticking with us until the time is right for your surgery. Avoiding anything you find unpleasant on the forum is understandable. I did also as a lurker. Wrapping your head around surgery is enough, why fill your mind with scenarios that trouble you and most likely will never affect you anyway...that's how I viewed it.

A hair and nail day can go along way in making you feel better. Crazy as it sounds, when we are looking better we often feel better. I found applying minimal make-up and styling my hair a bit in the very early days of recovery made me feel better. It only took 3-4 days of catching a glimpse of my bedhead and sorry self in the bathroom mirror and I decided ENOUGH!

I hope you have fun at the gender reveal party. I've watched videos on some of the cutest gender reveals. That wasn't "a thing" in the days I gave birth to my kids. Nor were "push presents!" Wonder if it's too late to try and collect? :rotfl: Crazy the ideas they come up with these days.

Interesting you're from Montenegro. I'll bet you miss home some days. Wish it wasn't so difficult for you to make the trip there. Possibly a nice goal once you've recovered from THR. You'll most likely enjoy it more also minus the pain.

I hope you can hold out for as long as you need to, Mersada, with any pain remaining tolerable. Wishing you comfort in the meantime. Will be in touch...
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
@Mersada

OP
OP
Mersada

Mersada

Country
hi @Layla,
It's gonna be a boy!! It was a nice party. The gender reveal thing hasn't been a thing for very long. I think only the past few years. It's nice to do I guess. More interesting than a regular shower, which she will have in a few months, too. We didn't buy gifts for the baby reveal, my sis (the grandma) said it wasn't necessary right now, save it for the shower, which is what I'll do.

As for Montenegro, I don't really miss it. I have been in NY since the age of 2, so I consider myself more American than anything. I would rather visit places I haven't been before, to tell you the truth. I might go on a singles trip to cancun in February, I haven't made up my mind, yet. There is a singles agency that plans these trips for singles only and it's nice to travel with like minded folks. I don't know if I should, yet...I should be saving for back up for my surgery. It's just that I haven't been anywhere since a cruise I took February of 2018...seems like so long ago. I could use a break and I've never been to cancun. It's at a resort, so I don't think it has a lot of walking...but, who knows. I'll make up my mind in a month or so.

Thank you for the well wishes, I wish you a great week, as well.

OP
OP
Mersada

Mersada

Country
:hi:
Sure do hope you are able to get everything set for next fall.
Love to see you getting well.:ok:
Hi @Mojo333 -- to early to set a date, yet I think. The os told me to see him 2 months prior to set things up.
Thank you for the well wishes. I'll be here lurking the boards. I always learn something new whenever I lurk...like the dog dishes with the stick...didn't know they existed. They could be helpful. I haven't ordered them, yet though.

On a good note, my 46 year old niece promised to be there for me atleast the first couple of weeks. She even offered to take a first week off. I am not going to let her do that though, as long as she is within phone call distance I think I will be fine. I would not be comfortable having someone just sit at my place while I probably will just want to sleep in the beginning. As long as they (I have a few sisters and nieces) can come and change wee wee pads and help with the dogs a bit...I think it could work. I just hate relying on people.

Well, thanks for stopping by my thread and saying hello. Wish you a great week. See you on the boards.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
On a good note, my 46 year old niece promised to be there for me atleast the first couple of weeks. She even offered to take a first week off. I am not going to let her do that though
I know you don't like to put anyone out, but please consider this.
Letting someone help can often make them feel better, and it is a comfort the early days until you get things leveled out.
I agree with staying away from all the negative forces...thinking positively and I bet you are going to be So ready to be done with it.
I was.
Hope your week is sweet...we are in hurricane preparedness mode so it has been super busy here.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Retiredmam
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom