TKR Sunnyleigh's Recovery Thread.

Yeah, you are probably getting to the part where you are feeling better so you do more and then pay the price later with some pain, stiffness and swelling. We've all been there. Take it easy for a few days and things will improve.
 
Not sure why over the last few days I feel like I'm moving backwards as far as recovery.
I describe my journey in this way - every week I get better but every day is a rollercoaster. I think 3rd week was tricky for me because I stopped 3 of 5 pain meds, so I was feeling more pain. Hang in there, be patient and don't feel guilty about giving yourself time to "rest" because your body is really very active without you (rest in this case means allowing your body to focus energy on healing from the invasion of people, equipment and prosthetics). I always envision a team of tiny workers (cell size) on a construction site (my knee), lots of very chaotic healing going on. It gets better.
 
I always envision a team of tiny workers (cell size) on a construction site (my knee), lots of very chaotic healing going on.

This is what I think of when I feel my knee being warm. All those tiny workers are very busy generating heat while healing......
 
You said you were returning the walker--do you have a cane? Having a walking aid can help you with stability even after you no longer need the walker. It also reminds others to be careful around you.
Kneeper I've been mostly at home during my recovery and pretty confident in my stability. I only walk up to my PT at the moment but understand your thoughts on the cane. Thanks
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom