Guest viewing is limited

MUA Stiffness - hard to do exercises

Hello everyone.
i had my MUA yesterday. All went very well.
i awoke from the anesthesia and felt great. OS definitely broke up some scar tissue that was giving me a problem. Then we used the bending machine at hospital and reached a 120. Never had before.
i was not in any pain and minimal swelling as well.
i left there feeling freed up and had no regrets at all. then came home to my bending machine and used for a total of four more hours ( two times for two hours ) and got the same 120 bend. I didn’t need any meds since the ones given to me at 8am. Which were dilodid
( not sure of spelling ) and they gave me a block a few inches above my knee. They said it would wear off in a couple of hours. But still no pain. I’ve been very fortunate in this whole process with minimal pain. Didn’t need anything for the rest of the day or night. Doc must have soft hands.
i did have a second opinion before the procedure and 2nd OS recommended the same as my OS. That also helped to ease my mind.
So, my experience was excellent and happy with the results I achieved. I would recommend to people and don’t be scared. I didn’t feel a thing. I arrived at 6am and was home at 1130 am. That was with the two hours on the machine at hospital. All and all, no regrets at all. I hope this is helpful to others in the same situation.
Have a great day to all !!
 
Oh, what a wonderful outcome from you! This is great news. I will add your MUA to your signature for you. There will be others wanting to know that this worked for you.
 
Since I am having an arthroscopic LOA combined with MUA on March 7th, I am really interested in how your recovery goes. If you can keep us updated that will be very helpful, thanks.
 
hello ! Yes it has been a good move for my knee. It seems to work and give me more bend than I’ve had from the beginning!
Thanks for your support !
 
Since I am having an arthroscopic LOA combined with MUA on March 7th, I am really interested in how your recovery goes. If you can keep us updated that will be very helpful, thanks.
Hello.
All I could say I am happy I did this. I was scared at first but I did t feel a thing. Two days after my thigh muscle was sore. That was the worst of it. No additional discomfort or additional swelling.
I was a very east and fast procedure. I now use the bending machine 3x a day for two hours each time. For 21 days. It’s been a big help and only wish I used it from day one. I think I would have been a lot further along.
Good luck with your upcoming procedure and don’t stress over it. I hope you get the same
positive outcome I did.
All the best to you !
 
Since I am having an arthroscopic LOA combined with MUA on March 7th, I am really interested in how your recovery goes. If you can keep us updated that will be very helpful, thanks.
I also had a MUA on 2/3. I’m so glad I did it. It gave me better ROM and less tightness and pain. My thigh hurt for a few days but it wasn’t bad at all. I was really nervous about it but didn’t need to be.
 
Its so good to hear your sucess story and I am really please for you that your fears were unfounded and the outcome has been so good. We need to hear about these successes as well and the problems as they all help us to evaluate and deal with our own recovery. Thank you for sharing.
 
Hello. It’s been a while. Hope everyone is doing okay. I’ve had a turn for the worse. The manipulation helped but then was followed by severe bending issues. I went for another MRI and will now see another OS. My current OS said he doesn’t know what to do with me. He also says the PMC machine doesn’t work. I then asked why did you prescribe 21 days @ 6 hours a day ? His PA also prescribed Celebrex not knowing it doesn’t go well with Eliquis. I was taking it for 5 weeks. When I went to renew my Eliquis , the pharmacist caught it. Very dangerous and could cause internal bleeding. When I mentioned to OS , he had nothing to say. I am done with him. My new OS is a breath of fresh air. I have an appointment with him Monday. I will post the MRI findings. I’m four months out and can’t bend.
Thanks for listening.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Stiffness - hard to do exercises
    CD4C8EA2-4A76-4CEE-BF1D-78B78CA82558.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 153
I'm so sorry to hear of your new issues with your knee, but very glad you've changed surgeons. I'll look forward to your next update. Hang in there!
 
Sorry to hear about the problem and hope new surgeon gets you to the road of recovery
 
His PA also prescribed Celebrex not knowing it doesn’t go well with Eliquis.

Hmm. After my revision I was also prescribed Eliquis and generic Celebrex. I didn’t have any internal bleeding that I know of but I did have a large hematoma in the knee joint from which they aspirated 240mL of blood…
 
Oh, drat, @LINYKnee, I'm so sorry! AS others have mentioned, I'm glad you have changed surgeons, and hope this one has no connection with the first... I hope the most dire thoughts are not the case for you and that with the proper kind of care, you can get through this! Sending lots of good wishes your way!
 
Sorry to see that you have taken a turn for the worse, was it anything in particular that caused it? as your posts after your MUA said that you achieved a ROM of 120 and you were thrilled with the outcome.

The reason I ask is that at week 4, I had a set back, & only now 4 weeks after, am I slowly getting my ROM back, I can bend whilst sitting or lying down it's just very stiff whilst standing or walking, funnily I'm now back using the CPM twice weekly at physio, it has helped me enormously, but the maximum time I've been on it is 45 minutes on my last visit, I initially started at 10 minutes and each week progressed by 10 more - 6 hours a day seems extremely excessive, your knee must be very swollen internally, maybe that's why you are having trouble bending.

As I was originally taking several different types of medication I took Omeprazol, every morning before eating, this protects the stomach, maybe ask your new doctor about similar, as medicines can be very harsh on our internal system.

I look forward to reading your update & hope your knee gets better soon x
 
Good Morning
After seeing my new OS,
I have been diagnosed with Ankylosis.
My OS is sending me to his mentor and they will talk to see if a revision. Is something that may help. He told it may not and if there is improvement , it would be minimal. Kind of crushing news. This is to no fault of my original OS. I’m still learning about Ankylosis and the contributing factor which is arthritis.
Stay tuned , I will post more after I receive more info.
Have a great day !!!
 
I'm a bit confused by your post @LINYKnee. Ankylosis is a stiffness that usually results in a fusion of bones in a joint. You've had your knee replaced, so I'm wondering where the surgeon thinks there is fusion taking place that's resulting in your mobility problem. Do you have an x-ray you could post?
 
Gosh, @LINYKnee.... until now, I had not heard of ankylosis, only of ankylosing spondylitis, which is a whole different disease process. I hope you get good news, of possible full recovery, if this is indeed what is happening to your knee... Like others of us cheering you on, I hope to hear you get good news soon!
 
Back
Top Bottom