Guest viewing is limited

MUA Stiff Knee

Doula1st,
Sorry to her you are having problems with knee stiffness, with a history or adhesive capsulitis.

You will want to answer the questions that Josephine left you in post #13, the answers will help her better advise you.

Here is a link to a list of OS who specialize in arthrofibrosis.
Arthrofibrosis: Names of US surgeons with experience in arthrofibrosis

 
Update. I went to Salt Lake City and saw Dr. Paulos :) My knee was a mess! I was at 20 degrees of extension (could not walk normally since it would not straighten) and flexion was 80ish. Constant pain.

I flew from Seattle to Utah to do my partial revision on April 25th. I had tons of scar tissue that he also removed. And patella was completely locked. So, now at 6 weeks post op my extension is right at normal and I can walk! My flexion is not as good as I would like (almost 90 on my own) but I have really focused on the extension. I am still nervous that I feel like Arthrofibrosis is starting to limit ROM on Flexion, but I am still being careful at PT (per his instructions....NO HARD PT, gentle only - said I should never let them "mash" my knee and not go beyond a pain level of 4 on a 1- 10 scale).

I want others here to know that they should really listen to advice on this forum. My life is starting to get back to more normal, although still painful. Dr. Paulos did just start me on a 3 week course of Medrol followed by 10 days of Toradol. If flexion doesn't improve after that he recommends I fly back to have a MUA. I totally trust I am in good hands with him!

I really want to thank the advisors and members on this forum. :)
 
I'm glad to hear that your surgery was a success. :yes!: :happydance: :yay:
 
Yay on being able to walk again! I'm so happy to hear you had a good surgery and are seeing such excellent results. Crossing my fingers that with gentle stretching you can still improve your flexion and avoid a MUA.
 
It's great to know that one of our recommended surgeons was able to get the job done for you! Sounds like you have a "keeper."
 
I am so glad that the list helped you. I have also struggled with adhesions in my left knee. I am glad that you took things into your own hands and have had relief. Way to go!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom