Steroid injection

Hi all. Hope you've all been keeping well.

I had another steroid injection in June which was a lot more useful as they actually injected in my groin where I get the pain. Got a follow up appointment next week may be I can start physio?

I spent most of August in hospital as I had 10 cardiac arrests so I'm not allowed to do anything. I've had to give my driving license back as I'm not allowed to drive or work for 6 months. Also I've ended up with a hypoxic brain injury as it took them 55 mins to get my heart started again the fist time

The added bonus was they said the fact I'm overweight was nothing to do with it. Everyone assumes my weight was the cause. No one takes into account my dad was 44 when he died of a heart attack
 
@Nicknoc so sorry to read about your heart issues. I too have a strong family history of cardiac issues and had one of those "surprises" almost 2 years ago. Are you on medication now? Are they planning any other treatment? Please take care of yourself!
 
Hi @Jaycey yes I'm on medication and also have had an ICD fitted as per advice. My mum insists on coming everywhere with me and won't leave me in the house on my own. Can't blame her I suppose. I gave her quite a fright.

Sorry to hear about your 'surprise'. Hope you are ok. Are you on medication?
 
Yes, on medication and had 3 stents put in one artery. I was very lucky they caught the blockage (99%) but it was totally unexpected. I'm back to doing most everything but it does take awhile to recover from this. I was extremely tired when I started the meds and did have depression.

Things will settle down for you once you get back to a routine. Be sure and ask your GP to refer you to cardiac rehab. It's a safe way to get your confidence back and start getting active again. I found the cardiac nurses who oversee the sessions very helpful.

Perhaps refer your Mum to the British Heart Foundation website. Tons of information and support there for cardiac patients and their relatives. They also have a helpline if your Mum has questions or concerns.
 
@Jaycey Thankfully the arrhythmia nurse gave my mum her number so she rang them as she was concerned about how much I slept.

I've not been offered cardiac rehab but I'm definitely going to ask for it. I've not been doing much as I'm concerned I'll do too much or maybe I'm not doing enough. I've been told I'll know if I'll have over done it
 
I paid for a private consultation too. He told me that I would get the same service from him regardless of whether I went private or NHS. In the end I went private for the op. I was in too much pain to wait.

As it turns out I need the other hip done and one knee. OS has agreed to put me on his NHS list for both.
 
I'll definitely give her the BHF number in case she needs it. I made her cry yesterday reading out some things people had put on the support page as she'd obviously done the same thing as when my dad had his heart attack.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom