TKR Steph’s on the other side

Thank you @sistersinhim.

I have been to the see the nurse now, she says she feels the small amount of seeping is just normal exududiant (think that’s what she said) as it is clear yellow. However she decided to take a swab and get it tested and obviously if it goes red etc then I go back in to the surgery or A&E.

I take a maintenance dose of antibiotics and have done for a couple of years, due to being immune suppressed, but she didn’t want to start me on antibiotics if it’s not infected.
 
I can't see any evidence of seeping, Steph.

BTW, you could easily have posted your image by using the 'image' icon in the tool bar. You just drop the URL into the box that pops up.

[Bonesmart.org] Steph’s on the other side
 
Hi @Josephine, thanks for your reply - tried to do the image bit but it didn’t seem to work on my iPad- good old Apple.

The seeping bit is a very small section where you can see the yellow marks on the skin. It just dribbles slightly from the incision in that area. My nurse put a dresssing on it, swabbed it and gave me a couple of extra dressings. I changed it this morning as it had seeped about a bit about the size of a 2p piece onto the dressing. As I say it’s a very small amount, so hopefully it will soon dry. The rest of the scar, although stinging a bit at times is healing fine.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom