TKR Starting to wish I'd never had a knee replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear you're on the mend. I think you'll find that things will continue to improve in the coming months. Doctors aren't kidding when they say recovery can take up to a year or more for a TKR. But it sounds like you're doing just fine!
 
@lindaladyishere Hi Just seeing this thread. I hope you are doing much better, at least it sounds like it. Going to work was probably very good for you. I was very apprehensive going back to work and panicky as I had to do full or nothing. Also the fatigue was very apparent. So I bit the bullet and went back to work after 3 months. I see we had our surgeries just a few days apart. I am okay. I am stiff sometimes but can manage. The snow here is giving me a run for my money, but at least I am back to work making money on the days that it does not snow and I can get in. There is another snow storm coming tomorrow. So I have already taken so many snow days it's not funny. Hope you are doing very well. Take care. I still have to come home and take something for pain. Mostly due to me having RA. Hope you are feeling better and stronger each day.
 
Each month will bring new progress---glad to hear that you are improving.
 
Hi @lindaladyishere Nice to hear you are doing so much better. I understand the pinching behind your knee. When I was in the hospital after skurgery the outside back part of my knee is the only place that I had pain and used to have them put my ice pack there. I have not been having any pain until last week. My knee seemd to try to bend itself when I was standing and the tightness and pain returned. Not sure why but other then that things are ok. Hope it stops hurting for yo and nice to hear that you are bending so great. Wishing you a wonderful week and no pain Holly
 
You are making progress--you are getting there. :thumb:
 
Hello Linda ... how lovely to hear from you. I am so happy your ROM has improved and you can now go up and down stairs without stopping and that you swelling feeling is less. Shame about the hamstring, but I am sure that if you work on it, it will finally loosen and stretch. I can feel myself that my hamstring needs to be loosened up and stretched. I am also so happy for you that you feel so much better mentally. This is such a tough process - recovery from a TKR. Yaaay for the bend. That would help so much with feeling better about things I am sure.

Take care Linda and I hope the better feelings and ROM continue for you.

Hugs ... Ellen
 
Yes, you will continue to improve. I have been through a lot of surgeries in my lifetime. It usually takes a year plus to recover from a surgery as traumatic as this one - and this tkr surgery has been one of my most traumatic surgeries - anytime a surgery involves breaking a bone, it makes it really, really, extra painful vs. just a soft-tissue surgery.

Hopefully, you will continue to make positive strides (pun intended) in your hamstring progress. =) My big issue has been my IT Band. (Thanks again Josephine for those IT Band stretches/exercises.)

Thank you for the positive news. (Maybe you will feel like changing the title to your thread?) =)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom