Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection Staph infection

Infections will test you more than you ever imagined! I had a one stage revision and have been infection free for 3 1/2 years. There are times I still feel myself "checking the knee for heat" just to be sure!
 
I am sitting here in rehab awaiting the last few days of IV antibiotics and my appts with my OS and infectious Disease and then I can finally get to go home. First time since July 11th. Hopefully I can switch to oral meds.

I would not wish this on anyone. Having to step back in time and go through therapy again - frustrating!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@waitingtogarden
I understand your frustration! Been there done that MRSA route 8 times and wouldn't wish it on anyone either! We are here for you though! Several of us have walked in your shoes, and are here if you need us![emoji4]
 
I have been through this before. Fortunately neither time was MRSA. Almost over!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Pic line out! Next surgery for new implant 9-23-15. Many blood tests prior to that to make sure infection is gone. This to shall pass. God is good.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank God my infection wasn't MRSA


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Redlipstix,
Happy to hear you do not have MRSA, and have surgery scheduled for September.
 
Hope the days go by quickly. I know how you feel. I spent most of my days praying for the infection to be healed. God heard my prayers.
 
Three more days till my revision after an infection. Can't sleep!!!!!
The antibacterial showers start tonite.

I need to be better...I can't wait to get out of the brace and Walk!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Getting a revision will be a great start to a new life! I love my knees and use them like crazy![emoji4]
 
Hoping those days go by quickly and the surgery goes well. Just a warning, my leg felt very wobbly and weak after a month in the brace/imbolizer. The brace had done so much of the work, my muscles were jello.
 
@Redlipstix sorry to read about your infection. Hope the revision surgery goes well this week and your journey to recovery can finally begin.

I, too, had an infection leading to the implant being removed, an antibiotic spacer being inserted and me wearing a brace for nearly 3 months. Finally a new implant was put in. It was a long and often frustrating recovery but worth it.

Remember that your knee will heal at it's own rate and vigorous pt or exercise won't speed up the healing process. Keep posting on your progress. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Linda x
 
Got the spacer out on 9-23-15. Let the healing begin.

The knee feels different this time not a lot of pain. Stiff .... Pt 3x week. That should be fun.

Side affect from antibiotics damaged my kidney however I'm told it can repair itself so I drink water and monitored by dr.

I pray God gives me strength to get through this!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Did you have the replacement hardware inserted?

You will get through this. We're all wishing you well.
 
I'm wondering the same thing Celle is. Do you have a new TKR? I also had side effects from the antibiotics. My body stopped making white cells so my ID stopped all antibiotics until I was producing white cells again. The infection just makes everything harder, but you're on the other side of it now. Prayer is the only way I got through it.
 
Yes, infection breaks you down to your core, and leaves you wondering if it will happen again. Now is the time to rely on your faith and trust that everything will work out. Revisions mean a longer road, but in the end, they can be just as good as a replacement. It just takes longer.:console2:

I had c-diff when I was on one of the antibotics. Yuck!
 
Just checking on you! Hope things are going well.


Chris
Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
LTKR March, 2014
RTKR September 2014, infection revision December 2014, second infection redo July 2015
 
Had revision on 9-23-15 rom 72 today and petaled bike 5 times.
Infection stay away!

But now got to watch kidneys because antibiotics done some damage hopefully my new kidney doctor will help me.





Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
We pray that everyday! Believe it or not I am still waiting for a tiny section of my abscess to heal. Till it does, I am a bit paranoid over infection. Still taking antibiotics so I should be watchful but not paranoid. Fortunately my doc understands.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom