Sporthog’s total right shoulder replacement

Wow Sport - major milestones there! Well done! More proof there is life after TSR.
 
How wonderful. I know when I could finally get my arm up to shampoo my hair it was a huge milestone. It sounds like you're going to have a great recovery. I hope you're as glad you had the shoulder replacement as I am.
 
Shoulder feeling pretty good today. Sleep is still not the best but getting better. Pain relief is acetaminophen as required (mostly before bed). I have an orthopaedic visit on Monday. I think they will take staples out then. Endoscopic polyp removal on Tuesday. Physiotherapisy starts on Wednesday. Lots of fun!

I had my replacement surgery 6 days ago. I am basically tired all day. Take naps and sleeping pretty well. No longer on pain meds just extra strength Tylenol and Celebrex. How long before you started to feel like you had energy.
 
I had my replacement surgery 6 days ago. I am basically tired all day. Take naps and sleeping pretty well. No longer on pain meds just extra strength Tylenol and Celebrex. How long before you started to feel like you had energy.

The tiredness is very typical following surgery. Your body is working very hard to heal. Many doctors recommend a higher protein diet. Otherwise allow you body to recharge.
 
Shoulder feeling pretty good today. Sleep is still not the best but getting better. Pain relief is acetaminophen as required (mostly before bed). I have an orthopaedic visit on Monday. I think they will take staples out then. Endoscopic polyp removal on Tuesday. Physiotherapisy starts on Wednesday. Lots of fun!

I had my replacement surgery 6 days ago. I am basically tired all day. Take naps and sleeping pretty well. No longer on pain meds just extra strength Tylenol and Celebrex. How long before you started to feel like you had energy.

The tiredness is very typical following surgery. Your body is working very hard to heal. Many doctors recommend a higher protein diet. Otherwise allow you body to recharge.

Thanks for the info on the high protein diet. How long does the tiredness last? I know it’s individual but would like a good gauge.
 
It can take several weeks for the anesthetic to completely clear from your body. Then you have the healing process itself and it takes a lot of energy. Your body only has so much energy to give and it takes what it needs to heal itself first, which can leave you with this tired feeling.

@Tink723.....how about starting a recovery thread of your own here in the shoulder post op forum so we can better discuss your specific questions and concerns? Let us know if you need help starting a thread.
 
I had my physiotherapy today and was told I have full range of motion. All I need to do is continue the exercises to gain strength. So I graduated from Physio! YAY! I will post any future changes, etc. Cheers to all!
 
Wow - that's incredible news @SportHog . You have really sailed through this recovery. Of course there is still lots to do. But greats new on the ROM!
 
@Jamie
SportHog thinks I should remove my post as it really answers @Tink723 whose comments I confused with SportHog’s. I agree. Fine with me. I tried to edit to remove them and it won’t let me. Can you just move it to my shoulder thread? Or tell me how? Thanks!

PS to @Tink723 . Start your thread. You sound like you have a lot to contribute.

SportHog, congratulations on full ROM!
 
Last edited:
@marieltha....I moved your post to your recovery thread. It is better there.
 
Sporthog....congratulations on your graduation. I'm in the same place....working on strength. I think for me this is going to be a long slog. I can reach my hand about head height with my arm out front, but that's about it. With assistance, the arm will go all the way up over my head. I'm working on it, but plan to discuss how to best get strength when I see my surgeon later in August. I hate the idea of more therapy as it just takes so much time. But if that's what's needed to get there, I guess I'll sign myself back up. Hopefully I can find a way to build the strength on my own.
 
Back
Top Bottom