TKR Spiral fracture above TKR

Just catching up here...
Congratulations on being cleared for light weight bearing! Slow and steady....
 
@Layla I'm very familiar with our concert hall and will be with family. Not a lot of walking, but am being careful. It's not the symphony, it's a Michael Jackson HIStory show! Saw it last Summer and it was fantastic!. Will check in after.
It's my 2nd time out other than doctor and physio appointments.
 
Oh wonderful! Sounds exciting.
Enjoy!
@TinAB
 
Show was great, everything went well. Over the course of the day though I overdid things and yesterday was in pain. Better today. Will do some of my exercises today.
@Layla
 
Glad it went well but sorry you overdid things. Rest/ice and elevating may be more benefit than exercises though.
 
I agree with EalingGran. If you’ve overdone it and are hurting, the best thing you can do is just some gentle bends and stretches along with your regular activities of living and take a day or two off from any formal exercises. Be sure to take something for the pain as just the fact that you’re having pain means tissues are inflamed and that results in even more pain. The two are related and you have to both rest and take something for pain to normalize things faster.
 
Well, it's very difficult to not overdo. I found I was having pain around my hips and groin especially in the morning and upon standing up. So stopped all those exercises. That pain has gone, but now I have a very sore knee which I think has happened from walking too much and not sitting down to put my boots on. Big mistake that. I have physio tomorrow and will confess all LOL. I'm frustrated. I can't seem to get the balance right between weight bearing and rehab exercises. I'm going to have to reset.
But I have been out and socialized a bit with husband driving. Even got my hair cut today at long last, so certain things are getting better.
 
Awww…..don’t beat yourself up. We all get eager to get back to normal again. Very few people really grasp the recovery that can happen from surgery or injury until you’ve gone through it. Just the fact that you KNOW what’s happening is huge. You’re going to be fine. I’m glad you plan to communicate all this to your therapist so they can help you get through this challenge. And, I’m even happier to hear you’ve gotten out into the real world a bit. That is so good for your spirits. Hang in there!!! You’re listening to your body and that’s so very important. :thumb:
 
Hi TinAB
It's three months to date since your procedure. I hope you're feeling better with some rest over the past couple of days and your PT session went well yesterday.
Happy Three Month Anniversary and best wishes for a good week! :SUNsmile:
@TinAB
 
@Jamie @Layla
Thank you both.
I chickened out on physio but said I'll call back tomorrow so I will.
It's very nice to have someone to talk to who understands.
Will post again next week.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom