Guest viewing is limited

Spine SPINE - Fusion, Microdecompression, Other Procedures - What to Expect

@NightQuilter Thanks. What scares me most and confuses me is the statement of no bony fusion as C4/5 but when the OS did the xrays and CT nothing was mentioned of no fusion. I'm so confused. The neurosurgeon's office called to reschedule and they actually are getting me in 2 weeks earlier. Still not until February but I've been this long so...
 
Hello, I am curious as to why these posts are all from 2021. Are there moderators for this forum? I found the knee replacement forum quite helpful so wanted to see if I could get someone’s recent opinion on an L5-S1 fusion that my OS just told me today that I need. He will use the anterior then posterior approaches. I’m honestly a bit terrified of this. But seems it has to be better eventually than the pain I’m trying to manage.
Thanks,
Carol
 
I'm sorry to read that you need back surgery, @Cjackso21, and can understand that you are anxious about the procedure.

To answer your question: BoneSmart members was founded to serve knee and hip replacement patients, which is why the overwhelming majority of our members are in those two groups. Over the years, some of those members have asked for help with other orthopedic issues -- including shoulder, spine, ankle hand, etc. We done our best to create threads for these topics as they've arisen so members can share their stories to help one another.

There are some other recovery threads about spinal fusion, and you might find helpful information by reading through them:

If you have specific questions, let us know and we will do our best to get answers for you.
 
@Cjackso21 …. We do moderate all of the Other Joints threads and posts. But, as Deb said, these forums are just not as active as our designated forums (knee, hip, shoulder). But we’re hoping to grow them, so any posting you’d like to do in this area will be welcome.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom