Guest viewing is limited

TKR SpaceGirls Road to Recovery Knee #2

Was checking out my incision which looks good, except they somehow missed a staple :oyvey::no-fin::hissy: so now I get to call and see about stopping in for removal. Sigh. Glad my husband saw it!
 
Now, that stinks! Too bad you don't have those special staple removers and could do it yourself. I'd raise Cain with the doctor!
 
@Jockette it really is! I was very surprised when hubby pointed it out.

@JennyLynne I think because of the scabbing of blood that it under it and honestly its kind of hard to see. We only noticed it because we were using a flashlight and the silver caught
his eye.

@sistersinhim it was not even the dr it was a nurse lol If I thought my sis in law had one I’d ask her to come do it, she is a nurse lol but she does not have stuff at home. I’ll be visiting the clinic tomorrow.
 
@JennyLynne we didn’t have the overhead lamp on, and the bandage had started coming off, so I was just checking to make sure that it was not still bleeding lol
 
I also had some bleeding when my staples were removed. I had a bandage on for about 24 hours. They had stopped by then.
 
@SpaceGirl

I haven’t been on in a while, but once I remembered I wondered how you were doing! Sounds like you’ve had a somewhat adventurous beginning! In spite of the frustrations isn’t it great to know that you are on this side of the second knee replacement??? I did have the long time sleepy quad and bruising with the second surgery. That part was annoying. But a missed staple? Yikes! Here’s hoping the process all smooths out for you now! Very best wishes to you!
 
@StvsHope hey! Good to see you back. Yeah it has def been an adventure this time around. Day by day it is getting better but have a long ways to go!
———————————————-

So called the OS office about the staple and the earliest I can get it out is Monday when the drs team is back in our office. They have multiple locations and rotate days. I am like seriously another nurse can’t take this ONE staple out!!?!?! :hissy: :hissy: :hissy: What the heck. Grrrrrr so now I am stuck with it all weekend.

I also did not sleep well at all last night, the sheets kept touching where the scabs are and hurt, the back of my knee was hurting and top. Meds and ice just did not cut it. So I will def be napping today at some point. I am a bit frustrated to say the least. I felt like I watched the clock all night long.

Check back in later.
 
I wrapped my knee in something to keep the sheets from rubbing against it and irritating it. Once the wrap is in place it doesn't move, so there's no more irritation.
 
Oh, good. I'm glad you found a way to diminish that irritation!
 
Happy Monday y’all! Almost 4 weeks now, slowly getting better and better day by day. I went to my OS and had them remove the staple they missed last Monday. Took a minute lol but glad I went so I could get refill on my pain meds and muscle relaxers.

Called about starting PT this week, first answer was they were booked through 8/3! However they managed to get me in tomorrow at 3, so we will see what happens for the rest of the appointments.

Here is my lovely knee, looks to be healing well, there is still some bruising and swelling on/around the knee. The back and side of my leg bruises have mostly gone away, still tender of course.

CEA70971-159C-4EDB-877C-B6A69C673D59.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:egypdance:4 Weeks Post Op :egypdance:​

Time is ticking on by, but my brain and knee/leg feels it has been less time. So let’s see, pain is still kicking my butt, especially at night. I slept from maybe 1 am -3 am this morning and nothing since. I am currently in the bed hoping the sleepy bug will hit soon.:bored::bored::tiredwheel::tiredwheel:

I had my first pt appt yesterday. It went well, just talking, massaging, stretching and measuring. My bend was 80, not sure about extension but she said it was good. Goal is to get 120 minimum by end of pt. I am sure I will get there. My left quad is slowly waking up, it is quivering more now when I am trying to do certain things or exercises. Slow and steady and all that jazz.

Found out today that our schools will be remote the first 9 weeks. That kinda works out for me as far as my job goes since I was not planning on going back until around that time anyway.

oh got the statement for my surgery (not including anesthesia) and it was $176,000.00 and again reminds me how thankful I am for insurance, we owe about $500.


Guess that is my big update for the week, pt again tomorrow.
 
Goal is to get 120 minimum by end of pt.
There is no time frame by which you need to achieve your ROM. It will come as you heal and your swelling goes down.

pain is still kicking my butt, especially at night.
This is often an indication that you are doing too much during the day, when your pain is worse at night. It could be too many daily activities or too many exercises. Scale all that back and see if the pain is better.

It could also mean you are not taking the right pain reliever for you, or you’re not taking it on a consistent schedule.
 
Back
Top Bottom