Guest viewing is limited

Southernlass is ready to roll on to a matched set!

@Jaycee, @newhip126, Mojo333, @dlp, @anny, @MammaT

Thanks for the encouragement. A non-smoker, 55 year old, life long friend just found out yesterday that she has stage 4 lung cancer. Definitely puts my aches and pains into perspective![emoji17]

Deb

RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral
LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
 
So sorry to hear of your friend @southernlass. You are correct, there are those dealing with things much worse than our hips. Proper perspective makes recovery easier I think.

Good luck in preparing for the 8th. Prayers for your friend and you.
 
@southernlass
So sad to hear about your friend. It is a devastating DX and does put the OA thing into perspective.

My BIL, stage 3, another good friend of mine, stage 3 plus some other classifications, and my father who has since passed all were non smokers but DX with lung cancer. My friend and BIL are both almost two years clear of it from the last pet scans. It was an uphill battle but both are doing so well and back to their lives and jobs.
So hope ahead for your friend!

As for you, best of luck on your surgery on Thursday. You sound ready, willing, and able for this go around. Ill be anxiously waiting to hear the blow by blows of recovery when you post your other side thread!
 
Thanks @BeBe! We don't know any details yet about treatment plan for my friend, but positive thinking is definitely called for at this time. Thanks for sharing your experiences with loved ones with similar dx.

Deb

RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral
LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
 
Best wishes for you tomorrow (NZ time!) @southernlass ......and really sorry about your friend. You're right, there are worse things than hips, and we are so lucky to have a comparatively easy and clean solution to them. I hope your friend manages to fight her way thro this
 
Oh my stars...how dreadful @southernlass .
I know there have been big strides made with lung cancer over the last few years....
I know I'm not good at handling more than one crisis at a time anymore.
Prayers for your friend...and for you.
 
And the hits just keep on coming...found out this afternoon that a college friend just passed away from ovarian cancer. Same age, 55. I regret that I didn't even know that she was sick and had lost touch over the past couple of years after she moved across the country. All I can say is that we all need to live each day to the fullest, because life can turn on a dime. Feeling exceptionally blessed right now.

Deb

RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral
LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
 
Oh my stars...too much bad news We all are blessed we have an infirmity that is able to be fixed.
Hopefully one day the cures for all these cancers will be commonplace.
Let us all remember screening and early detection is key. There have been great strides for treatment worn early stages of all cancers.
Unfortunately some don't get detected soon enough.
Prayers for you southernlass
 
Tomorrow is my big day (March 8th) and honestly, I am kind of a hot mess. It has been very stressful preparing to be gone from work (I'm a high school counselor) plus trying to get things ready at home. Plus, I was in a minor fender bender (I was side swiped), so now I am also trying to deal with an insurance claim and will be replacing my vehicle. NOT what I wanted to be doing right now! Gee Whiz!

I'm just ready to have a new right hip and start the road to recovery. It has been a long painful journey, so I am so excited to finally get some relief. I think I have realistic expectations and hopefully there are no complications! I am thankful that I will have in home PT, which takes a huge burden off of my family.

By this time tomorrow, I should be in post op! Also, good luck @southernlass !!! Keep me posted on your progress!
 
@Sighreen fellow Musketeer, I feel for you.....think I'd be a mess with all that to cope with, and even if you weren't hurt in the accident, it leaves you shaken up for a while so be nice to yourself :) Hope that the last few hours before the op are peaceful....once you've got your stuff organised you can sit back and let other people do the worrying. Best wishes for a stress free few days and a successful op :flwrysmile:
 
Tomorrow is my big day (March 8th) and honestly, I am kind of a hot mess. It has been very stressful preparing to be gone from work (I'm a high school counselor) plus trying to get things ready at home. Plus, I was in a minor fender bender (I was side swiped), so now I am also trying to deal with an insurance claim and will be replacing my vehicle. NOT what I wanted to be doing right now! Gee Whiz!

I'm just ready to have a new right hip and start the road to recovery. It has been a long painful journey, so I am so excited to finally get some relief. I think I have realistic expectations and hopefully there are no complications! I am thankful that I will have in home PT, which takes a huge burden off of my family.

By this time tomorrow, I should be in post op! Also, good luck @southernlass !!! Keep me posted on your progress!
Best wishes to you too, @Sighreen! We'll get through this together!

Deb

RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral
LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
 
You sound like your all in....:) :-) (: I wish you the very best on your journey and much success on your road to recovery:thumb:.
 
Y'all get this done, ya here?
Want you finer than frog hair by the summer.:froggies:
We southern girls are a tough lot.
We will be waiting for you on the healing side:loveshwr:
 
Thanks @Hippielife, @sequin98, and @Mojo333! Prepping to go to the hospital now. Just guzzled a glass of cranberry juice a few minutes before my clear liquids cut off time of 6:30 a.m. I had a bit of a skin reaction to the Pre-Op wipes last night, but other than that, all systems are go! Surgery is scheduled for 10:30 EST. Need to be at the hospital by 8:30. I even bought myself a snazzy new outfit to wear to and from the hospital, so I'll be stylin' AND comfy. [emoji6] Best wishes to @Witz1 and @Sighreen, my hippie surgery buddies! We've got this! [emoji9][emoji847] See you all on the other side!

Deb

RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral
LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
 
Back
Top Bottom