Bilateral THR So, what now? Three years later and so it goes on and on

Status
Not open for further replies.
nanamac I'm glad you found an OS who listened to you and will help you!
I am in the middle of trying to figure out what's wrong with my BTHRs, as I've been having groin pain since 5 weeks post op. The OS feels it's tendonitis, and that did show up on an ultrasound. I just had cortisone injections that didn't seem to help as of yet. I don't know if it could be something in addition to the tendonitis. If you wouldn't mind PMing me the name and address of your new doc, I'd appreciate it greatly. If I don't get relief soon, I'll be looking for answers anyplace I can find them. I was vibrant and healthy before this happened, and now my life has changed completely.
I wish you the best of luck, you've been through so much! Please keep us posted, I'd like to know how things go for you. Take care! :friends:
 
Yay, Janet! It sounds as though things are beginning to line up for you! Let's sure hope, anyway.
 
nanamac, Since Marblehead is in the Greater Boston area, you have access to some of the best surgeons in the world -- at Mass General, at New England Baptist, and at the other Harvard teaching hospitals. You shouldn't have to travel to another part of the country. The hard part will be to sort through all the people who are there are find someone who can help you. I wish I had more to contribute, and my heart goes out to you for all the pain you are enduring, but I wanted to add this, because "Marblehead" may not trigger "Boston" for some who see your post.
 
nanamac, I sent my post before reading the entire thread. Of course you already knew what I was saying. I am so sorry, and can only send you my thoughts and prayers. I hope you can find the right doctor who can approach this with fresh eyes and find the cause and the remedy.
 
Thanks Becky. No need to apologize, really. I am open to any suggestions and am going to send all my films and reports to Mayo Clinic in MN as soon as I get another copy. I requested those this morning ASAP!. I had already been in contact with them but have wasted a lot of time and energy trying to find a new PCP for medication so now I can at least be comfortable to travel.

I ended up in the ER 4 times in the last few months because these docs are so restrictive with pain meds that when a patient REALLY needs then, we have to beg! Really not fair, but I do understand as it only takes a few to ruin it for everyone...

I will see this new OS on August first to postpone the surgery until I see what MAYO has to offer. The problem is, they won't find anything wrong on the reports or films! I will have to show them in person how crooked my leg is because it was always toed in and when the first OS straightened it out, he fractured the femur and threw off the whole alignment of my body, if that makes any sense to you. Now it "appears" to be a perfect hip replacement, and it is, just not for my body!
 
nanamac, I hope that Mayo is able to help you. They are wonderful. I do understand what you mean about the alignment of your body. When you change one thing, it changes everything. I will follow your thread to see how things go. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
 
Worse than ever. Sent everything to Mayo and have not heard a thing. Called the OS back today that I cancelled the revision surgery with that was scheduled for August. I can not go on like this any longer. The pain is unbearable. I am on a lot of Hydromorphone (4mg, every four hours) and that is not working any more. Also put the Flector Patch back on last night but no difference.

I am taking his first available surgery date if he will still have me. I see him next Friday 10/4 for a follow up. Now I probably have him PO'd at me too, but it is what it is.

If anyone of these 8 surgeons, GOOD surgeons, could just say "THIS IS WHAT'S WRONG", I would have done something a long time ago. I have been in bad pain that has gotten worse over 3 1/2 years and no test has showed ANYTHING wrong with my THR! They all think I am crazy, and by now I agree with them as being in pretty severe pain all this time has made me NUTS!
 
Don't worry about the surgeon being upset with you, Janet. These guys are professionals and they understand about patients having fears or second thoughts when faced with surgery. You certainly aren't the first of his patients to dealy surgery, trust me. Just go in with a positive attitude and the trust that I hope you have in him and start your discussions about treatment anew.
 
I'm sorry to hear that. This must seem like it will never end. I hope you can get a surgery date soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom