Guest viewing is limited

TKR So much harder than I expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never got an ice machine and only have a Velcro wrap with 2 ice packs. Now that I am back at work, I feel that having some type of ice machine that would work under my desk would be very beneficial. I feel I need to ice more now then the last month. What type do you all recommend? I need something that is very portable and can be placed on the floor under my desk.

Another shout-out for the cryocuff, although I don't have the pump--mine is just a gravity fed one. I even tried a different unit with a pump, but the water reservoir on the cuff was so small it didn't help as much as this one. I bought a Craigslist chair-and-a-half with an ottoman that I installed behind my desk, and I work from that as much as possible. I elevate my leg on the padded arm of the chair when I'm alone, and put it on the ottoman when there are other people present. I just keep the tube between the cuff and the thermos attached while I'm icing, and move it above the knee when I want to fill it, and put it on the floor when I drain it. I can't yet sit for extended periods with my legs down--that's a guarantee of swelling.

I was so happy to see the discussion of dirty houses during this time frame. I've been moaning about living in a sty over on my thread, and was kindly reassured that it'll wait for now. I emptied the trash throughout thee house this morning, and that was about all the cleaning my house got all weekend. And I'm fine with that. I guess if anyone else wants to be judgmental about it, I'll point them to the vacuum and tell them to have at it.
:rotfl:
 
I emptied the trash throughout thee house this morning, and that was about all the cleaning my house got all weekend. And I'm fine with that. I guess if anyone else wants to be judgmental about it, I'll point them to the vacuum and tell them to have at it.
That's the way to go!
Dust bunnies are your friends. They show that you have been resting properly.
 
@tigz, thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it! It's always so helpful to hear other's stories. I wish you the best of luck as you continue to recover. I know how hard it is now that we are back at work and can't baby our knee like before.

@Kansas Teacher , Your posts are encouraging as that is what I have to look forward to eventually! :) I can't wait to be able to walk a mile one day! I'm especially looking forward to being able to walk my dog! I hope the relief you felt with your massage, continues to last.

@sharalder , Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I really do feel like the severity of the valgus and the decrease in my overall muscle tone in my legs from putting off the surgery for so long has to due with my recovery being a little slower than I would like. But, overall, I know I'll get there, so I'm thankful for that! You are right, I do notice my endurance is getting better and little by little I am improving, so that is great!
 
@snowleopard , Thank you for your input as well! I am going to check out the cryocuff and see how much they are used. I just can't justify buying a new one when I am over the worst of it, thank goodness!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom