TKR Slow, stiff recovery, PT pain<

@Josephine @skigirl
Met with OS who said the "bone shard" was just a rough edge on the corner of my femur from arthritis (he showed it to me up on the screen) that the person reading the CT scans is not that experienced with reading knee replacement scans. (Would have been nice to have received a reply to my phone calls to his office about this instead of me having to wait 3 wks. for an appt. to get an answer face to face)

He said the pain and limping were from what he'd guess was scar tissue. He'd be happy to do open lysis surgery to take out what he believes to be a lot of scar tissue. Go home and think about it.

A few days later I started with a new PT who was recommended to me. He started by asking me to walk down the hall, quickly determined my problem was too tight hip muscles (piriformus... spelling?, etc), and did some manipulations. I walked out of there with a tremendous reduction in pain and a straighter leg!! He said there was no way that leg would have gotten straight without a release in the hip section. (My previous PT spent no time on my hip.). 2 weeks later I am walking heel-to-toe in a smooth gait and my leg straightens to 6 degrees (been 15 degrees for the last 6 months!) I am one lucky, happy duck, I am!!!
 
Great news! If you can get some extension, many be you can get some flexion too.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom