Guest viewing is limited

TKR Slow recovery from TKR

westiemom said:
@Andypandy
Oh my word, your story almost exactly mirrors mine. Not doing exercises due to swelling and pain, cancelling PT appointments because of the same, being very depressed and just not seeming to give a darn. I was limited to my meds due to heart and the doctors in my group do not like to give enough pain pills that I could do exercises and then take pain meds to help with the resulting pain. So I didn't want to do the exercises due to extreme pain and swelling afterwards.
Right now I am swollen from basically just walking around the house and doing some housework for maybe 20 minutes at a time. I am still bruised badly and have a new purple bruise at the top of my knee. Have no idea where that came from. I still have a small scab that refuses to come off. The skin at the bottom of my knee is hard like an alligator. I have a small section of the middle of my knee that swells up at night and disappears the next day, but then will come back. I woke up from pain this morning cause the inside of my knee was like a drill boring into one spot.
I have my "final" follow up next Wednesday and I do not have a good feeling about my knee. My OS is an hour away and I didn't want to go see him more because of the pain of riding in the car for an hour each way and then the hour waiting/office visit. Just hurt too much.
I really hope this MUA works for you. I am pretty convinced that I will be stuck with a walker forever. My flexion is almost non-existent right now and walk with a pretty much straight leg. My OS is not very experienced and didn't think I should have a MUA at my 2 month followup. I wouldn't let him do the MUA anyway and the most experienced doctor in the group books out about 6-7 months. There is not really any other doctors unless I go the big city about 5 hours away.
I will be back to read about how you are doing after your MUA, but think I'm going to drop out. Just too depressed and have nothing happy to say and don't want to bring everyone down on here. It's been great "meeting" everyone here but I think my time has run out.
Good luck everyone who is having problems. I hope the Good Fairy helps each and every one of you out and you will be skipping and dancing around in a few months.

@westiemom … Please don’t feel like you will be on a walker forever. You have some issues that need to be addressed by your surgeon - experienced or not! Don’t allow yourself to be discharged from his care just because you’re not fitting in with the “norm.”

I am concerned about your bruising. Your surgery was November 12. That is almost 4 months ago. Bruising should be pretty much or completely resolved by now. The fact that you now have a “new bruise” and other bruises as well could mean that you have a “bleeder” somewhere….a vessel that didn’t get closed off completely. If you’ve had this bruising all along, it’s something that should have been addressed by your surgeon. It could have contributed to your swelling. You don’t want this to continue if this is what’s happening. If your surgeon is so inexperienced that he cannot deal with your swelling, then you need to consider finding another doctor. I know you said that means a 5-hour trip.

I see you live near Table Rock Lake. Where is the surgeon you’re currently seeing and what is his name? Perhaps I can find you a different surgeon to see in Springfield.
 
am concerned about your bruising. Your surgery was November 12. That is almost 4 months ago. Bruising should be pretty much or completely resolved by now. The fact that you now have a “new bruise” and other bruises as well could mean that you have a “bleeder” somewhere….a vessel that didn’t get closed off completely. If you’ve had this bruising all along, it’s something that should have been addressed by your surgeon. It could
Agree with @Jamie that this is odd.
Are you on any drugs that make bleeding/ bruising more likely?
 
@westiemom I’m so sad that you’re still having problems. It’s really demoralising when you are stuck and don’t see any improvement. As others have said it really sounds like you need to see someone about the various problems.

It’s obviously up to you but it might be good to stick with BS for now and concentrate on the moderators advice and experience.

I really do wish you all the best in the future and pray that better days aren’t too far away for you. ❤️
 
@westiemom , I feel your struggles, too. I’m definitely not where I want to be either. I feel like this is the hardest time I’ve gone through, including medical school and having a set of twins at 45( with 3 older kids, including 2 teens). I’m trying hard not to worry far ahead just concentrate on here and now. All we can do is try our best and grant ourselves compassion. Hug your pups and husband, they love you no matter your physical condition. Hugs from me too, and my kitties send you some purr therapy
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom