TKR Sissy Seeking Success On The Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 2. Was up twice yesterday, tried to eat sitting in a chair but I was overcome with nausea but managed to keep my meds an food down, but robert said I was fifty shades of green. I saw
my OS and his PA today said my knee looked old an ugly when they got in there but the surgery went well. I am scheduled for 2 sessions of PT today, have my choice of a shower or basin bath Pain is being managed well but they re telling me that the femoral block will wear off tomorrow and will have to go to different meds to get pain relief. Most likely will go home tomorrow in the later afternoon. They had me use the regular toilet today and I'm sitting up in a chair right now. So far so good! To be continued.....

welcome 10.jpg
SissyG, to the "other side" one more time and to the wonderful world of recovery.
Hope everything continues to go well for you. Keep the pain well managed and follow that mantra.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. hugs 10.jpg

Yea Sissy So glad you are through your surgery and things are going okay. :happydance: Thought about you a lot yesterday and was hoping you were doing fine. My OS said I was also going to have the femoral nerve block so you will have to keep me posted as to how it worked. Hate that you had the nausea--that is what always happens to me after any surgery. Glad your hubby is there helping you out. Keep us posted--so happy it is over for you. :friends:

So glad to hear your doing well Sissy :yay: accept for a big of :sick: hopefully the tummy has settled down now. Take care and keeping posting when you can.:flwrysmile: :friends:

So very glad you are doing well!! Wow, day 2 already. Now that I decided to do it, I just want the surgery over with so I can start recovering!!:)

Glad you are doing good Sissy! I hate that nausea they can give you meds for it!

Thinking of you Sissy, and hoping your recovery is going well. You are on your way to that vacation!

Good morning knees, how are you doin? Slept pretty well. By the time I woke up it was over the 4 hours between pain pills. Easier to stay ahead of the pain during the waking hours. I need to get a little more organized and learn how to use dose cast better. My pain meds are starting to work now but in spite of taking Benadryl I itch like crazy. Today we should figure out a routine to make it easier at home.

Hi Sissy Been thinking about you. Hope they are getting those pain meds figured out for you and that you are soon able to rest pain free. Just keep imagining yourself on that cruise and how great it will be to be able to do anything you want to do!! Gentle hugs being sent your way! :friends:

I need to find out if dosecast has an
Audible alarm because I slept more than4 hours between meds. I really do need a little more organization so I don't go past 4 hours.

Haven't had an update from you in a couple of days. Are you doing ok?

I am having a problem posting because the Percocet makes me itch so much that my OS put me on Benadryl along with the benadry and it has made me goofy. Wouldn't be able to do anything if it weren't for the Benadryl. Also found out the hard way that the combinatio of stool softeners,laxatives, a bathroom door that does not accommodate a walker is not good. But this too shall pass, no pun intended. I've actually even able to sleep about 4 hours at a time which is great. I have found that by the 4th hour I am beginning to hurt, so need to tell the doctor when I see him on Wednesday. Yesterday I took a shower, shaved my legs and washed my hair. Surprising how great that felt.
Vickie, I have been thinking of you all day. I hope that the procedure goes well for you.
I have a lot of swelling in my rt. ankle today, I have the ice machine on and it doesn't seem to be very effective.

Hi Sissy,
It's so good to see your post! I was beginning to get a little worried about you!

I also had to take Benadryl that first week when I got home from the hospital. I took it about every 4 hours for about a week and then was gradually able to stop. I don't know if I was itching from the hospital narcotics that were still flushing out of my system or what, because I'm still taking the Percoset, but no longer itch. Hopefully, yours will resolve quickly. Have you tried icing your ankle?

I will be glad when my MUA this Thursday is over with. I'm hoping to be able to report a great outcome.

I was thinking about you today and dreaming about your wonderful upcoming trip. We haven't scheduled ours yet, but hope to as soon as the manipulation is over with.

Isn't it surprising how good a shower and clean hair feels? If only we didn't take that for granted later on.

april rain 28.jpg
Sissy, are you elevating---toes above nose---when you're icing? And how much are you icing? How much are you on your feet? In other words, are you following the BoneSmart mantra to the letter? If not, you really need to particularly here in the beginning of your recovery. It really makes a world of difference.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. hugs 10.jpg

Sissy welcome to the other side! You always left such nice and supportive posts for others so I am hoping you are doing OK! The trip you booked sounds amazing and will give you something to look forward to. Hang in there!

Best wishes, for continued great recovery, Sissy! Was looking for your recovery thread, to see how you're doing, and glad to see all is well. Shower and hair and shaving legs so early on? You go girl!!!

:egypdance:

Thinking about you and sending loads and buckets of good wishes! Hope recovery is going as smooth as recovery can for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
FirstroundSAFS
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom